41

**Savannah's Pov **

Sean sat in the principals office talking to the principal, while Jake and I sat on the bench across from the office, waiting.

We had been caught and there was no going back now. The bench could fit three people on it, but Jake wouldn't sit on the other side, no of course he had to sit right next to me and hold my hand the whole time. We knew this whole thing was a risk, we knew we'd eventually get caught and be punished.

Neither of us were going to lie and say we weren't in a relationship. Lying would just get us into even more trouble. Instead we both agreed to be honest. Yes we were dating, yes it was illegal, but no we haven't slept together so that right there brings down the amount of trouble Jake would be in.

At first we thought we could get away with it, saying Sean was seeing things or he was out to get either me or Jake. That was the plan until we saw Sean hand the principal his cellphone. Him handing over his cellphone only meant one thing, Sean had taken a picture of us.

Both Sean and the principal stood up and walked towards the door. "We're next" Jake whispered next to me. I turned my attention away from the two people in the principals office, and looked at Jake. His gaze was focused not on me or the people inside the office, but on the wall in front of us.

"Freak" I said looking back at Sean and the principal.

"What?" Jake laughed, finally looking over at me.

"You're a freak."

"How?"

"Instead of looking at me, or at them in there, you were staring at a boring wall"

"It's not boring" He laughed.

"Jake it's a plain white wall. It doesn't get more boring then that"

This time he laughed harder and a little louder. "I guess you're right"

"Always am." I held back from sticking my tongue out at him. Instead I smirked to myself knowing he wouldn't have a comeback.

"Savannah, Wolff. I'll speak to you now" The principal said. I took note of the fact he called Jake by his last name and the fact his eyes were fixed on Jake and my linked hands. We stood up from the bench and walked over to the office door, while Sean took a seat on the bench, looking pleased with himself once again."Take a seat" He directed us to the chairs in front of his desk. "Now I'm sure you know why the both of you are in here"

"Yes" Jake and I said together. Finally Jake let go of my hand.

"I must say I'm a bit surprised." The principal shook his head. "You are one of my best students Savannah. And you Jake are one of my best teachers." He frowned and looked out the window before turning his attention back to us. "You know if he didn't have a picture I would let this slide."

"Wha-what?" I asked wide-eyed. Did he honestly just say that if Sean didn't have a picture of us, he would let it slide?

"You heard me. Apparently Sean has more then just one picture of the two of you. Now I can't really pin it as just his imagination. I would if he didn't have the pictures"

"But you can delete the pictures from his phone" Jake said.

"I'm afraid I can't. It's no longer in my hands. It's the school boards now. Sean's a smart boy when he got in here he made sure I called the superintendent so he could hear this. I have to call back in ten minutes. He heard about the pictures and wants me to send the pictures out so they can be blown up into a bigger size so the school board can see for sure if the pictures are of the two of you."

"How long will that take?" I asked.

"A couple days." He answered.

"What do we do until then?" Jake asked.

"I have to talk it over with the superintendent" Suddenly the phone on his desk rang. He held up a finger while he answered it. "Could you two step out of a moment? I'll call you back in, in a few" Jake and I nodded and left the office. We didn't go back to the bench where Sean was sitting. Instead we stood not far from the office door, but far enough we couldn't hear what was going on inside.

"What do you think is going to happen to us?" I asked Jake.

"I'm not sure. I wish I could tell you everything will be fine, but I can't and I know you don't want me to lie to you"

"Lying never helps anything"

"So the truth is, I don't have a clue what's going to happen to us. But just remember no matter what, I love you very much"

"And I love you too, so very much" I smiled as Jake leaned in a little and kissed my forehead while he took hold of my hand and squeezed it gently.

"Jake, Savannah, Sean. Come in" The principal said. Sean stood up right away and headed into the room, while Jake and I followed behind him, walking a little slower. Sean stayed standing by the door, leaving Jake and I to sit in the chairs we were sitting in previously. "I just got off the phone with the superintendent. He and I both agree that since the pictures are still on your phone Sean, we can't be one hundred percent sure that it's Savannah and Mr. Wolff. So until we have the pictures blown up to a bigger size, I'm afraid both you Jake, and you Savannah are suspended."

"But sir" Sean started.

"Yes?"

"That's not fair. He should be suspended, I mean fired. Savannah shouldn't."

"And why not? When you came into my office you said Savannah was dating a teacher and that teacher was Mr. Wolff. Now you're saying she shouldn't be punished?"

"No well yes. I don't think they both should be suspended. I think just he should be and Savannah should still be here."

"I'm sorry but its the superintendent that made this decision. I can not go back on it."

It wasn't much longer before Jake and I were free to leave.