45

The day of court was finally here. As much as I was dreading it, and believe me I was dreading it more than words could say. Not only was I dreading it, I was also excited for it, and I couldn't really understand why.

I was dreading what would happen. Would Jake be arrested? Would Flynn and I have to move? Would I get to finish school? But school wasn't really a big issue to me. I could always move to a school forty-five minutes away from my current school.

I was excited because I wanted to see what would happen. Strange, but I couldn't help it, something was telling me everything was going to be all right, but at the same time something was telling me I needed to be worried.

As Jake and I waited for my father and Flynn to get ready to leave, I didn't know what to think. Jake was shaking, Jon was pacing and Noah throwing popcorn kernels at his father, out of boredom. And I, because of my ongoing battle between if I should be freaking out right now, or jumping up and down, chose to be calm.

"Aren't you scared?" Jon asked me.

"Nope" I answered him honestly.

"Why aren't you? Jake's shaking like he just fell through an iced over lake."

Instead of explaining to him what was going on inside me I decided to just shrug my shoulders.

Both Flynn and our father came down the stairs, Dad not too far behind my twins brother Flynn. With them finally ready, we were finally read to start heading into town for court.

We had decided Jake, Jon and Noah would be in one car, while Dad, Flynn and I would be in another. People would freak if Jake and I arrived together, and the word around town was, the court house was going to packed outside by people in town wanting to know what was going on. A bunch of nosy people if you ask me.

*******

Like the word around town said, the parking lot outside the courthouse was full of people. I swear I didn't think this many people lived around here. Dad gave me a sorry look as he pulled into the parking lot and was instantly surrounded by people.

"F***ing vulchers!" Flynn yelled from inside the car. I laughed at my brother. Jake parked his car next to ours. He too was being surrounded by people. "Looks like we get a police escort into the building"

Both dad and I looked in the direction Flynn was looking in. At least twelve police officers were making their way towards us. One of them motioned for us to get out to the car as they got closer. Dad was the first one to open the door. Flynn exited the passenger door next and then I left the back seat. Jon, Jake and Noah were outside their car waiting.

Right away without breaking a sweat Jake walked over and kissed my forehead, before he grabbed my hand with his. Right away camera's started flashing. Jake smiled down at me and leaned in to kiss me, this time on the lips and this time he got caught on camera.

"Let's get this over with" He sighed. Everyone nodded and together the six of us began walking up from the parking lot to the court house. Police officers lead the way, and some were on each side and even behind us. Jake still held my hand and occasionally would smile at me. Flynn stood on my other side acting like a bodyguard. He would stare down at people as we walked by. Dad, Jon and Noah followed closely behind us.

******

Stand up, sit down court was about to start. People were talking but I wasn't listening. The words I love you floated around in my head, trying to bury their way into my mind. I love you were the last words Jake spoke to me after we entered the room. I was going to remember him saying them just in case something bad should happen today.