39

The first week of May was finally here. Flynn and I went shopping for food with Jake's car on a Monday after school, where we ran into Parker's parents. They told us Parker's funeral would happening during the up coming weekend.

Saturday morning came. Everything happened in slow motion. Flynn and I woke up around the same time, like always. He showered, then I did. We both met up in the kitchen to eat after. Jake slowly trudged his way into the kitchen after he woke up. After a few meaningless grunts as he stretched he copied us and made breakfast for himself.

Seven o'clock turned into eight. The funeral would be held at eleven, followed by a brief lunch for close friends and family members. Flynn and I had decided on staying for the lunch, whereas Jake and the gang decided they would all go eat out somewhere together.

Due to heavy rain in England, our father wouldn't be able to make it to the funeral like he originally planned.

Sadly it looked like Flynn, the gang and I would be the only students to attend Parker's funeral. And Jake would be the only teacher. The school seemed to want nothing to do with this at all, almost as if Parker never existed.

We all parted. Flynn headed for his room, I headed to mine and Jake headed to his house to get ready. The rest of the gang planned on meeting us at the church.

Slowly I slipped on my new dress. It was black with bows on each notch of the skirt, sleeve and middle of the neckline. I stood there in the mirror counting each bow, there was twelve of them. The dress skirt came just above my knees. The weather outside looked warm but by the swaying of the trees I could tell there was some wind. So I slipped on some black tights before I looked at myself in the mirror again.

Today was one of those days I didn't look forward to. I knew at some point there would be a funeral for Parker, but I never thought these months would pass so quickly. I thought I would have all my thoughts cleared, not forgetting him, but not remembering him every minute of everyday. I'm not sure if I should go or not. Flynn told me going would help me realize Parker is really gone and never coming back. Jake said it would give me closure. But I'm not sure. I don't want to deal with this.

"Ready to go?" Flynn asked opening my bedroom door. I looked at him from my mirror and sighed.

"Yeah" I walked towards him, looking over my shoulder to look at myself one last time, before I shut my door and followed my twin down the stairs and into the living room.

"You look pretty today, sis" Flynn said after minute of silence.

"Thanks" I told my brother. I took a few seconds to look my brother over. He was wearing black dress pants, with a black button down shirt tucked into his pants. Around his neck was a poorly done gray and black stripped tie. "You look good too"

"Besides my tie. I'm starting to hate these things" He sighed and started messing around with it. After awhile he sighed. "Help?" I laughed then walked over to him and helped him with his tie. I don't understand why he's having trouble with his ties now. Ever since we were little kids he's been able to do them, why all of a sudden can't he? When I finished I stepped away. "Thanks"

"Yup" I nodded. I made sure I grabbed a small jacket, in case it rained, because I looked out the living room window and saw it looked like it wanted to. Once both Flynn and I had our jackets, we left the house, locking the door behind us. Flynn slipped the house key into the side pocket of his pants, then we began to cross the street, where we would be at Jake's house.

Jake walked out of his house swinging his car keys around on his index finger, wearing something similar to Flynn. Black dress pants, with a dark gray button up t-shirt and a black and blue tie. Besides the color of the clothing they were pretty much wearing the same, although Jake had on one of his tuxedo jackets, to match the pants. He greeted us briefly, with a kiss on my forehead and then my lips and a nod at Flynn, before we climbed in his car and left.