Im shy, unless you tick me off

Abby Smith POV

Enoch asked me a few questions about myself and my old life. In return, I annoyed him by asking him if he could bring back dead pets.
The answer is no by the way.

"Why would you even ask that question?" Enoch asked.

"Oh, no reason." I tried to give him my best innocent look. We walked up to a boy and floating clothes a year or so younger than me playing soccer/football.

   "This is Hugh and Millard." Enoch introduced  me to them. "Millard's invisible, and Hugh has bees living inside of him."

"I'm Abby," I mumbled to the ground.
Enoch led me away from them.

"You're shy?" He asked, amazed.

"Yes! I am! When I met new people." I mumbled harshly.
His dark eyes filled with confusion.

"But you weren't when you met me." He stated confused.

"You ticked me off," I shrugged. "Shall we move on?"

"Oh! Yea," He pulled me away from the bush we were under.

A sharply dressed blond guy around my age walked away from Millard and Hugh. He had a book tucked under his arm.

"I am Horace, you must be Abby." He smiled at me.

"Y-yes, that's m-me." I stuttered.

He nodded, "nervous? Don't worry, everyone here is alright, for the most part." When he said that, his smile faded and his eyes drifted over toward Enoch.

Enoch is grumpy, but from what I've seen, he's pretty nice.

"Well, I have to go, but it was nice to you Abby. If you need anything, just ask me." He offered and walked away, leaving me blushing.

Why am I blushing? Stop blushing!

"Enoch, who else do we have to meet?" I asked, when my face returned to its normal color.

"We still have to meet Claire, Bronwyn, Olive, Emma, and the Twins." He answered.

Two little kids dressed in pure white with weird masks ran over to a seesaw. A little curly blond followed them.

"Those two in white, they are the twins, the girl behind them is Claire. She has a mouth on the back of her head." He watched as the Twins mounted the seesaw, and Claire made sure they were steady.

"The Twins peculiarity?" I wondered out loud.
Enoch whispered it in my ear.
"No way!" I nearly shouted.

"Shhh!" He snapped at me.

He's starting to get on my nerves.

"This is Emma, she's lighter than air, so she wears these heavy lead boots. And this girl is Olive, she can control fire." Both of the older girls smiled at me.

    "It's nice to meet you Abby." Emma's voice had a slight accent. Olive nodded agreement.

   "Olive is my assistant while making my homunculi." Enoch said. Olive nodded again, a little proudly.

Another curly haired girl met us in the hall after we left Emma and Olive's room.

"Hi! I'm Bronwyn!" She said excitedly.
"I'm Abby." I said not excitedly.
She hugged me, nearly breaking my ribs.

  "Super strength?" I asked Enoch, already knowing the answer. He nodded confirming my previous thoughts. Bronwyn set me down and ran off.

"You've met everyone, lets go back to your room now, so you can get ready for dinner in 7 minutes."

I looked down at myself, after Fiona had left, I had cleaned myself off, but put my old clothes back on.

"My room is right beside yours, I'll meet you here, once we're both ready for dinner."
I nodded then ducked into my room. I chose the purple dress and brushed my hair until it shone (literally). I approved of my look in the mirror then walked out of my room, meeting Enoch as he walked out of his.

"You look nice Abby. I think Horace did a good job of picking out that dress for you, he's our fashion person. If you ever need clothes, go to him, he'll have some." Enoch complimented me.

"You don't look half bad yourself Enoch." I replied.
"To the dinner room?" He asked formally.

"Why, of course." I followed him down the stairs.
________________________________

Word count: 687