Privately

Abby Smith POV

Miss Peregrine stared at me with a grave look.
Her eyes glimmered and I had a feeling she knew something that she wasn't telling me.

  "Abby, I need to speak with you, in my office privately." I nodded, and she sent the rest of the people in the room to bed.

With a hand on my back, she led me to her office. I took a seat in front of her and she fixed me a cup of tea.

     "I have felt, that you are not a simple light peculiar. Light peculiars would not be able to control how much light a flower would need."
She said matter of factly.

    "I believe that your peculiar is a little more than simple light. I believe it is sunlight. Now sunlight peculiars are stuff of legends. And the dream Horace had, confirms that some of these legends are true."

    I nodded again, a question popping up in my mind. "That makes since, but what legends are true? What are the legends?"

    Her eyes glanced around the room, scanning over each piece of furniture and each book.
I twirled a strand of my hair around my finger, a nervous habit that I have. I will admit, that even though I didn't show it, the dream really scared me.

"Here," she stood up and grabbed a red book with intricate gold designs. "This is a book on sunshine peculiars." I took it from her and carried it upstairs.

"Goodnight Abby," Miss Peregrine said with a soft smile.

"Goodnight." Once upstairs, I put the book on the bookshelf. Curling up on my bed, I drifted off to sleep.

Word count: 279