The Last

"Horace? HORACE?" Emma screamed in my ear.

I started awake. "ABBY!" I called, as I had done every time I dreamt about her.

Emma gave me a pitying look. We had found Abby's body in Barron's loop after the battle. He had taken her from our home on our island and used her for his experiments.

Barron screamed as the hollow swallowed his eyes. Jake aimed the crossbow at the hollow and fired it, only he knew where it hit. A loud thump rang out, so I guess he hit the Hollow.

"Ha...ha...ha." Barron panted. "You have no idea what I have... do you?" He was laying on the ground in an unnatural position and we watched as he took his final breath.

The four of us, Emma, Jake, Enoch and I, shared a puzzled look before running off as Fiona yelled our names.

Fiona was standing in front of a bed, a person was laying on top of it.

"Who is that?" Emma asked, walking in front of Fiona protectively.

Fiona drew in a trembling breath and started sobbing.
Emma gasped and started tearing up as well.

Enoch, Jake and I walked over beside them to see what was making them so upset.

A pale girl lay on the bed, her blond hair forming a halo around her head. She was clearly dead.

Both her eyes were ripped out, dried blood around it. Her mouth stained with dried blood and her dress, a beautiful blue and white dress was ripped and stained with dirt, blood and other fluids.

   A blue and white dress, like the dress Abby wore when she died.
   Blonde hair, like Abby's was.
   Skin that matched Abby's exactly.

      "Abby?" I whimpered. It was her, my beautiful love, here laying on this bed.

She died so peacefully at the loop and then went through this. These monsters stole her body and tortured it.

Enoch put his hand on my shoulder, fingers digging into my flesh. I broke down into tears. I cried for Abby, who was peaceful and kind, but couldn't get peace when she was dead.
I cried for the children who were killed by the hollows, I cried the tears I never cried when Victor cried.

    Even Enoch, who never cried had tears running down his face as he stared at what remained of his "little sister." Jake wrapped her up in a pure white blanket and carried her bridal style out of the room.

The little kids were waiting for us outside and upon seeing the blanket, they looked confused. A bit of golden hair was on show and some of them looked sad, but still confused.

"What's that Jake?" Claire asked. Sweet Claire, so innocent. Even though she was older than Abby, she was like the child Abby had always wanted.

     "I'll tell you later." Emma spoke to all the kids who didn't know. Olive knew, guessing from her crying into Enoch's shoulder.

    Enoch took the sheet from Jake and we all walked toward the loop exit.

    "I dreamt about her Emma." I said, in response to her look. I dream about Abby almost every night. Every time I close my eyes I think about her.

   This dream was different. It was almost like I was dreaming a different ending to what actually happened.

  It's been one year since we defeated the wrights and we had found a new loop. A small island with one small town. It had a boarding school that was built but never used and that was our loop.

October 13 1941

  We continued to bring in more children, but none really stayed. They left and found loops that were closer to their own time.

  Enoch POV

    I stood beside the loop entrance. There were three bells behind me. Peculiar, enemy, person

Each bell made a very different song. All three would get Miss Peregrine down as soon as possible. Person was to be rung as soon as we see a person in the loop entrance.

I heard a rock hit the side of our loop entrance. A shadowy figure made their way toward me and I rang the person bell.

Miss Peregrine had gone into town with the littler kids. She couldn't hear me. Emma came running down with a crossbow.

Blonde hair was the first thing I saw. A little girl with blond hair skipped towards us. Her purple eyes were identical to what Abby's use to look like.

She looked just like Abby, but shorter. She was probably six. Emma gasped looking at her.
The girl froze seeing the crossbow.

"It's okay. We're not going to hurt you." Emma reassured the little girl. "What's your name?"

The little girl whimpered that made Emma set down the crossbow. "Feyre." She looked around us, looking for something.

  "What are you looking for?" I asked.

Feyre held up a locket and opened it. It had a picture of a boy in it.

"Have you seen him?" She asked.

_______________________________

And that's the end of Lightning Bug! Thank you for reading.
I have an idea for a sequel, so if you want it, please tell me.

For those confused. (So all of you)

Abby died in the loop and when the hollows attacked, they stole her body and took it to Mr. Barron who performed experiments on it. The chapters "Sleep" to "She's home" was a dream that Horace had after they defeated the wrights. This chapter takes place four years after they defeated the wrights and found a new loop.