Final battle

Abby POV

     "Let me help." I demanded them. Barron stole my memories, so I will kill him. He deserves to rot.

"Abby you just fainted." Enoch  said.

"I can fight. And I know Barron. What tricks he would use."

"It doesn't matter, you just fainted, and Barron had you under his control, he could do it again. What if he kills you? Enoch shot back.

"But you need my help." I protested.

"Horace would want for you to be safe."

I stopped arguing, knowing that he was right.

    I moved away from the group, seeing my animals nearby. They stayed quiet as I approached them, but when I got to them, I was tackled by the girls. The boys, well Damien and Malachi pulled them off of me, only for Jack to be revealed. He was curled in a tight ball, sleeping. I picking him up and placed him around my neck.

"Let's go." Enoch said. I looked around, and saw the littler ones. Claire and the twins.
A floating hat that I guess was Millard.

    "Hey Enoch?" I asked. He glanced at me.
"Make sure you all stay safe. Oh, and all of you. Don't tell Horace. I'll show myself to him."

Everyone nodded, even Millard's hat. At least I think it was a nod.

     Damien and Malachi followed behind them, growling softly. I could tell their anger was directed toward Barron and not them.

     "Hey Abby..." Absinthe said. "You think we can turn into our people or orb form? It's nice to be in animal form, but I'm tired."

"Oh, yah, sorry." I nodded towards them, but fixed my sight on the door that my friends went through. They turned into orbs, each one different, but the same also.

"Abby. We need to tell you something." Belladonna had my full attention. "We know you've only met us for today, but it feels like you've known us forever."

"It's because we've always been a part of you." Lilith cut in. "We are sunshine peculiars. Only one lives at a time. Damien is the oldest. He was the first to live."

"When Damien went through the illness, his village thought he was dying, so they buried him. He died, and when he died he was stuck inside of Jack. Then Jack got the illness, but Jack wasn't healthy. He didn't survive the sickness. They waited for-"

"Me." Belladonna finished. "I was born next. In England. Unlike them, I survived the illness. They appeared the next day and I freaked. I wanted to know why two orbs suddenly appeared and talked to me. All of us knew we had powers, but I was the first one of us in a loop. Miss Mockingbird didn't know what to do. They turned into animals the next day and killed a peculiar. The peculiar turns out was sucking energy from everyone. I was kicked out of the loop. I found out later that Miss Mockingbird disappeared and the children had died from people thinking they were monsters. I died from a gunshot. None of us died of age. The three of us waited until Absinthe was born and then we were inside her."

"I grew up to a absent mother and a drunkard father. I didn't know Love. I was taken by a Woodpecker. Miss Woodpecker never did anything to discipline us. We would drink and eat and party and do nothing that was smart. I got sick and no one cared about me. Then they appeared and took animal form. I realized what I was doing to myself, but I couldn't stop drinking. I was my father. And I basically drank myself to death. I think the only ones who sat beside me as I died were the animals. I waited with them for Lilith."

The males returned, limping and bloodied.
"Everyone is fine. Enoch and Olive kissed, and come on." The peculiars ran pass us, and I watched as Horace didn't even look my way. Enoch came over to me along with Olive, and I smiled at them.

     "Abby. Do it now, or never." Enoch said, reaching out and holding Olive's gloved hand.

I reached a hand out and my animals disappeared. I staggered as I lost a lot of energy. Olive steadied me by grabbing my shoulder. I nodded my thanks to her as I regained balance.

I ran though the loop, passing Jake who didn't notice me. A huge ship covered in rust and dust sat docked. I walked up the ramp and saw Emma, Fiona, and Bronwyn talking beside a railing.

    "Uh. Hi guys." I said, startling everyone. Emma whirled around and almost screamed. I laughed and she flew to me, wrapping me in a hug.

"You're alive, Wait. It is you right? Tell me something only you know." She said.

   "One night, when I had gone to the beach with Horace, you made me tell you everything that happened. And you said 'you two are meant to be together.' And then you squealed." I said, watching her smile wide.

     I waved at Bronwyn and Fiona who came over and gave me a tight hug. I nearly died.

   "Hey girls. Good job in the fight." I said to them.

    "Abby. Does Horace know you're here?" I shook my head at Fiona's question.

    She pushed me away and the three girls gave me a look.
      "He's down there, now go, he's been a wreck." Emma pointed to a set of stairs to our left.

      I nodded and walked away.