Prologue

(Before I start this story some of these terrible acts were actually committed back in the 1900's due to the research on different cultures history I found out some of the horrible things that happened to young girls at the emperors hands. I wanted to make this story as realistic as possible. I will always put warnings on sensitive chapters )

On a sunny day in Istanbul, Turkey. Kemal Sekin roamed the forrest for his next meal. As young emperor and new father he enjoyed hunting with the shot gun his own father had left behind. The sun peered through the gaps in the trees as he trod through the grass and mud. A slight moan of pain stopped him in his tracks, it sounded like a wounded animal. Pointing the gun in the direction of the sound, slowly placing each step careful not to frighten the animal. A sudden gasp left his lips as the body of a child lay beneath his feet, barely breathing under a giant oak tree. At that moment the child didn't know how lucky yet unlucky she had become. He took her home that night which surprised his wife. She knew what his true intentions were but could never speak a word about it to anyone. They bathed, fed, clothed the innocent child. One of the maids did suggest taking the child to the orphanage but the emperor refused. Now apart of the family they named the lost child Ayla which meant oak tree which was also where she was found.Ayla grew each and everyday becoming stronger and stronger. Her father forced her to learn self defence, horse riding and many more sports at a young age taught by the finest soldiers and teachers in the kingdom.

The signs of sexual assault started to occur but as a child Ayla didn't notice she simply thought of it as extra attention. She learned etiquette which would be later used when the crown would land on her head as oldest child, she never once questioned where she came from. King Sekin had killed thousands of people if he did not get his way Ayla did fear the king along with the rest of the kingdom but no one dared to stand up to him. The king had given her everything she had ever dreamed of and she couldn't bring herself to hate him. Ayla had only the finest in the country but she didn't realise how much she would live to regret it.

Once the child turned 10 her father took her to a romani woman (also knows as Turkish gypsies) for a sight of her future . The woman had told King Sekin that this child was cursed along with the rest of her family the only way the curse would be lifted was if the child would embrace her weakness and fight it. Everything around her would fall to her feet as ice lay behind her heart. King Sekin was furious nor him of the child understood what the woman meant. He ordered his soldiers to kill the woman for her malicious words but the older Ayla became the more he understood how wrong he was. His youngest daughter Derya was found dead after eating poisonous berries in the woods. His middle child Feryal was viciously taken when she fell hitting her head on an unfinished water fountain in the king's garden. The King was beginning to take his fury out on Ayla, first came beatings second came food and drink deprivation third came isolation and last but not least came rape.The emperor would often throw parties at the castle parading her naked body in a tiny cage which she would sit in for hours strange men would take their turns abusing and raping the child if the king would allow it. No one could stop him. No one could help her.

Before her 16th birthday King Sekin's wife had died choking on the deer he had caught earlier that day, again he blamed Ayla for her death. The beatings became worse sometimes he would even use a knife cutting into her bronze skin, she would wince as the blood would pour from the wounds. The excuse he would give was that he was cutting out the evil, In his eyes evil people deserved the tortrue they received. After her 16 birthday Ayla gave birth to her first child from her father. At a public gathering her father held the child in his arms with fury in his eyes as Ayla watched from her cage tears falling from her emerald eyes. Once he placed the crying baby on a platter watching its every movements he made a speech to all his followers. "This child had carried down the curse from its mother. The people of my kingdom do not deserve to face this curse as I have" without another word bringing his dagger down piercing through the tiny babies body. The force was so strong it had hit the platter beneath it the noise caused her to shudder. The crying had stopped which wrenched a pain in Ayla's heart after that day she would never feel another emotion again. She had witnessed the murder of her own flesh and blood and she was powerless to do anything about it. Everybody knew about the terrible things the king would do to his daughter but they also believed the child was a witch and didn't deserve a great father like the king.

In 1918 Ayla had become 18 she had many scars, many more than she could count, her emotions had changed towards the world she was becoming colder. each and every beating,cut,sexual abuse she would receive wouldn't even phase her. Her whole body was permanently numb she had turned ice cold as the woman said she would. The time was coming to pass down the crown. With the only child left Ayla was due to become queen if the king was to pass. The emperor knew he needed to find her a suitable suitor as he would not be able to keep his fortune forever. But before he could find her a husband his castle was robbed of all its fortune he was tipped off from a reliable source that the robbers were foreign, the name Peaky Blinders brought fury to the kings heart, he would search till the end of the earth to kill the people that robbed him of his fortune. The king was declared bankrupt he knew there was no better time than now to marry his daughter off to the 90 year old king of Israel, one of the richest men around, he had expressed an interest in his daughter since she turned 18 and promised the king his family fortune would be hers to bare. 

As desperate as she was one night Ayla tied a rope out of her bed sheets throwing it out of the window of her bedroom she knew if she stayed her life would only get worse, she grabbed anything she could throwing them into a small suitcase, she also packed some of her mothers jewellery which she would use if she needed to, putting a small dagger in he stockings. The sheets fell down into the river which she soon climbed down. Swimming as quickly as she could but she wouldn't get very far without a guard capturing her and bringing her to the king. A fight broke out between them. After years of abuse Ayla finally decided to stand up for herself remembering the training she received as a child. Using the dagger she partially wounded most of the kings soldiers and himself. she would't kill him but she had some advice for him."I wont kill you but you are going to wish I had" she threatened before recollecting her things and heading for the dock. 

Her journey was still unclear but her future was seeming brighter or was it just a cast of light in a forrest full of darkness?