Chapter Twenty Three:The Truth Hurts

One hour left till the wedding and the butterflies in her stomach felt like they were dying. She slipped into her dress which fit her perfectly, hugging every one of her small framed curves. If it wasn't for the circumstances she would have looked like the most beautiful bride in the world but instead she felt disgusting and weak like an angel that had fallen from the skies and broken her wings during the process, should couldn't see a way out and often though that Thomas would abandon her at the small sight of fear and pain. No words came out of her mouth as she got ready, just pools of tears forming in her eyes  which made it hard for her to see. The maids running around her like a pack of wolves at her disposal, each one demanded to make sure everything was perfect by the king. She sat at her dressing table as the hairdresser got to work on her long brunette locks tying them out of the way in beautiful patterns clipping fresh lilies into her hair. She wanted to get today over and done with so she could be with Thomas once again, she had never wanted to be with someone as much as hi in her entire life.She imagined a life of her own where she didn't need to rely on anyone especially a man but Thomas changed her view on everything

'Your father would like to see you your highness' One of the maids said breaking her out of her gaze. She dried her eyes careful not to wipe any makeup off before doing as she was told. As she walked along the long hallways probably for the last time she didn't take her time this time. Quickly pacing through the familiar hallways wanting to get this over and done with.

'You called for me father?' She stood in front of her father who currently had his back turned to her standing above the fireplace which burned brightly, flames dancing around each other like people at a ball.  

'Don't you look beautiful' He smirked at her. She wanted to lock herself away as he smirked at her making her very uncomfortable. He looked very regal, his suit was pressed to perfection and his shoes were like mirrors.

'What did you want father?' She asked through gritted teeth not daring to look up at him she didn't want to be around him for longer than she needed too and she couldn't wait to get today over and done with.

'Well you are finally going to be a queen. I never thought I would see this day and my my won't you make a beautiful wife' He bit his hairy lip making her stomach turn. She could almost feel the vomit running up her throat which she fought valiantly to keep down.She remembered in that instant everything he had done to her and once she was finished she was going to make him pay for every little thing.

'I am so proud of you' he paused before speaking again 'Don't let me down. You do whatever the king asks of you understand? I have a lot relying on this Ayla! Promise me you won't mess this up?' his face suddenly turned serious. If any other father had said this it would have come as a shock but with her father it was almost expected.

'I swear father' She said with her fingers crossed behind her back. She had plans that were going to ruin his life forever.

"I was going to give you this when you turned 21 but this wedding calls for celebration, even though you look beautiful this will definitely add to your beauty" he took a green velvet box out of the wooden cupboard he stood next too.she took a deep breath as her heart started to beat in her mouth.

"It was your mother's..." he paused which made her think. His wife never had green velvet boxes.. normally the rich brought jewellery in red velvet boxes.

"My mother's? Are you sure?" She raised her eyebrows as he handed over the box before answering.

"It was your real mother's" he smirked an evil smile. Her heart finally stopped beating for a moment as her cold pale hands held the green box in her hand.

"I don't understand" she could feel her eyes welling up. She knew this day would come where she would eventually learn the truth about her true beginnings.

"After I found you in the woods It didn't take me long to find out who your real parents were and when I found out you and your whole family were cursed I had to put a stop to it." He smirked she could feel the anger boiling in her veins fairly quickly

"Just like you killed your own daughter, the one you forcefully put inside of me?" Her voice filled with spite

"Your whore of a mother begged me not to killed her. You should have seen it. It still turns me on when I think about it. After I slit her throat and strangled your stupid little brother your fucker of a sister decided to bite one of my soldiers in the neck and run off, he soon bled to death which really pissed me off but not a single one of my men could find her. Strong little bugger she was but that doesn't even matter, she's someone else's curse now" he said which felt like Ayla had just been stabbed in the heart.

"I had a sister?" She look at her sick father through teary eyes.

"Yes" he smiled as he walked around with a regal look. No sign of sympathy on his face he didn't even know the meaning of the word.

"The story behind that necklace was that your mother had no life, no money nothing to live for. She would steal and sell her body like the piece of shit she was to buy whiskey to aid her pain. When she travelled to Israel to make a better life for herself her past began to seep back in without notice. She broke into your fathers place and stole this necklace" he pointed at the box. She finally had to look in the box as it was eating her up inside. In the box lay a beautiful gold necklace with green rubies decorating the edges. Crystal cut diamonds dangling from the front.

"Your lying" she looked back up at the king closing the box in fury.

"Am I? I'm guessing you don't want to know the rest of the story then?" He giggled

"Why are you telling me this now?" She finally asked but he didn't answer the question.She could see the evil in his eyes.

"Shall I carry on?" He raised his eyes brows. She tried to blink away the tears.

"She didn't get very far with the jewels and your father saw something beautiful in your mother... how pathetic" he laughed

"But they soon fell in love and he had everything she ever wanted. After they wed then came along your elder brother Ali. Strapping young lad he was looked just like his father. Your father was so happy to have a boy I couldn't imagine why" they king spoke as if there were more to the story something didn't quite add up and Ayla didn't know what to believe anymore.

"Not long after you came along. Green eyed Ayla. You look exactly like your mother. And finally your sister. Her hair darker than the night sky and her eyes matched her hair. Her skin a beautiful colour gold which glistened with purity. I can almost taste her on my tongue" he said which made Ayla clench her fists.

"YOU LIAR!" She screamed at him "YOU'RE A MONSTER" she threw the necklace at him

"All monsters are human my dear but the story does not end there my darling don't you want to know the reason you were abandoned?" he smirked once again

"I think I've heard enough, you'll get whats coming to you" she storms back to her bedroom slamming the door behind herself taking a deep breath. She couldn't process all the information she had just been given and she felt like her whole life was a lie. Nothing made sense at this point.

-------

They arrived at the hall where the ceremony would take place careful not to be seen by anyone, expensive decorations and flowers decorating the hall, he would have given Ayla 100 time better if he was given the chance and he prayed for it. Neither Thomas of the brothers were mentally prepared for what was about to happen, if they were to succeed the outcome would be great.  

'Are you sure about this?' Arthur asked as they began to take their places. He could see guards walking around the grounds ready to kill at a moments notice.

'Its going to be a blood bath" John added as he held onto his gun tightly not knowing if they were going to return home.

"Things are a little different now that we've found out the truth about all of this, I'm just worried about what Ayla is going to think" Thomas inhaled his cigarette for the last time.

"This is going to destroy her you know that right?" John said with truth in his eyes 

"No. This will make her" Thomas said which hope in his voice.