Chapter Twenty Four: Wedding bells

Her heart beat was quickening as she stood outside the chapel doors. She could hear the crowd of people waiting to see her wed the man that was soon to be her husband all bickering upon themselves in what she imagined was an overly decorated hall. Her hands sweating profusely and her mouth drier than the Sahara desert. All she could do was blink the tears away in an attempt to keep her makeup on her face.

'Are you ready your highness? everybody is waiting for you" The maid said which snapped her out of her daydream.She had been standing outside the door for longer than she thought but time wasn't working properly in her mind. She wanted to scream but nothing came out of her mouth not even a squeak she could barley even breathe.She looked behind herself where the entrance was hoping that someone would be there to rescue her from what was about to happen but it was no use in false hope, she hoped it was all a dream and it would be over as soon as she opened her eyes but this was not one of those situations. Pulling down her lace veil and holding back the river of tears that were forming rather quickly she spoke. 

'Ready' she forced a weak smile as the maid hurriedly opened the door to the church.The first person she spotted was her father standing beside her husband to be. King Ahaz made sure that the chapel was well protected by his guards, they were scattered around the balcony and the front of the church. as the piano and violin began to play she could feel her heart turning to ice again. It was like her heart and soul had completely left her body and it was just a cold casing. 

The closer she got to king Ahaz the more she wanted to run away and hide which was an unusual feeling to her. She never felt threatened and she had never felt this weak. Unable to do nothing without Thomas by her side. Her whole body had gone numb by the time she reached her father and her new husband. Her father took her hand, kissing it before he passed it onto King Ahaz. His hands were softer than she expected from an old man. He was well groomed and well looked after considering his age.  

"My daughter is now in your hands" Her father smirked at her as king Ahaz turned to the altar. once again no words came out of Aylas mouth, tears spilling from her eyes which were hidden under her veil, as the vicar began to recite all she could so was look at her feet. The whole hall was silent as something didn't feel right.

She felt like someone was watching, she felt like something bad was about to happen and she didn't like not knowing. When the grip on her hand tightened she felt her heart rate quicken, Ayla didn't like the feeling of a stranger holding her hand. The hall doors bursted open with those all too familiar blue eyes directly catching her attention, she couldn't quite believe what was going on. All of his brothers and his gang behind him for extra protection, all armed with the newest weapons.The people watching had all begun to flee in fear.It was like a swarm of flies around a pot of honey. 

'Ayla don't panic its alright my dear' King Ahaz comforted her, holding her close to him which worried her. Her father scared shitless without his men to protect him. 

"Well about time you showed up" King Ahaz said to Thomas who was rushing towards Ayla 

"I don't understand whats going on?" Her father seemed just as confused as her. 

"You mind?" John asked Ayla but she didn't have time to reply as John hit her father in the face with the butt of his gun making the large man fall before her feet.Before she could say anything the arms of Thomas wrapped around her shaking body. Breaking down in his arms she couldn't quite believe what was happening

"Are you really here?" She asked which was the most fragile Thomas had ever seen her. Her hands resting on his chest checking his heartbeat.

"Yes my love" He pressed his lips onto her forehead as he buried her head in his chest. "It will all be over soon my darling, everything will make sense I promise" He handed her some of her favourite knives. This particular set was made in tibet its culture and life was vibrant and unforgettable. One of the most beautiful places she had ever visited. Pulling the veil off her head and unpinning her hair letting the lilies fall to the ground. Kicking off her heels she finally felt like herself again, she felt stronger with Thomas by her side. 

"I suppose this worked out for the both of us" King Ahaz Smiled at Thomas as they shook hands. Ayla couldn't help but feel confused once again "You look exactly like your mother" He smiled at her

"I dont understand... How?" she looked at Thomas who obviously knew something she didn't "Who is this man?" She looked at King Ahaz 

"Someone from your past Ayla..." Thomas trailed off  "It will all make sense in time" He kissed her forehead once again 

"You'll never get away with this you filthy swine!" King Sekin shouted at Ayla earning him another punch in the face from Thomas.

"What do you want me to do with him?"John asked as he and Arthur held her father tightly. His breathing deepening and his eyes widened 

"Bring him to the castle, I have something in mind for him." The look in Ayla's eyes were truly evil,  even Thomas didn't recognise her dark green eyes almost like the light had been sucked out of them. She had waited so long for this moment and she wasn't going to let it slip.

"Yes, great idea and when you are done gutting him like a fish maybe I can explain what all of this is about" King Ahaz smile at her.

------------

As they all stood in the throne room a few hours later with the king tied up she truly felt like the power was in her hands and it was, she could do whatever she wanted and no one here was going to interfere.

"Do you remember this room father?" She looked at the old man, he was bleeding from all the beatings the brothers had shared between them. "This was the room you took my daughters life in... remember that?" Ayla said with spite in her heart

"Just kill me quickly" The king struggled to say but she heard him clearly enough to reply

"I do not owe you a kindness father, now explain to me who this man is" She pointed at King Ahaz who was watching in awe

"Oh come on Ayla I knew you were stupid but not this stupid" He said as she kneed him in the chest making him groan in pain "If i can figure it out so can you"

"You better speak up, I'm not in the mood for games" She shouts but she doesn't get a reply as the king was falling in and out of consciousness.

"I'm a relative Ayla, in fact I am your uncle" The king looked directly into her eyes, watching hers well up as everything finally started to make sense.She looked over at Thomas and his brother who were looking at the floor.