Chapter Eight: Everything is not what it seems

The tension grew in the room and was terribly noticeable it almost became hard to breathe, the men staring at each other with hate behind their eyes. Ayla didn't want anyone to get hurt on her account especially not tommy.Putting on a brave face like she always did which seemed to convince everyone in the room but herself, she couldn't show a sign of weakness at a point like this. She needed to be strong like she had been her entire life. Strong was the only option she had left.

"It won't be as hard to take her from your dead body" The men smirked taking out their weapons holding them intimidatingly. Tommy didn't fear them neither did the Ayla.She pushed her bag under the table out of sight which Tommy noticed but didn't seem like anyone else did.Ayla obviously didn't want them to take her mothers jewels she treasured them like no tomorrow the pearls that she had taken with her held a huge amount of sentimental value, she would protect them even if her life depended on it. She looked into Tommy's ocean blue eyes giving him a faint smile of courage which she held beautifully her lips so pillowy and pink as she pursed them together. She didn't want to leave him. Never.She had only just met him but felt like she couldn't live without him in her miserable life, he would take away all the thoughts she would have in her head, when she was around him she would forget about everything else and focus on him.

"Polly,Ayla get out of here I'll sort this" Tommy said but Ayla refused to comply, pushing Tommy out of the way and standing in between them for a moment, she took a good look at the men scanning their faces for any kind of recognition but nothing rang a bell.

"I'm guessing my father sent you?" She asked. They nodded slightly, she didn't recognise the men which made alarms ring in her head but she didn't question it in case something started up.

"you guessed right" Ayla started very slowly towards the group of men, no fear, no hatred no will to fight them even though she could kill them all in a few seconds she knew it wouldn't end here till a shout from Polly stopped her.

"What are you doing?! are you crazy child! " Polly shouted after her holding tommy's arm stopping him from charging towards them

"I can't run from this" Her voice fragile and hopeless this saddened Polly, she felt like an under protective mother. It sounded like she had already given in. She didn't have any fight left in her system.

"Ayla get back here, right now!!" Tommy pleaded. He knew that if Ayla left with the group of men she would be dead within the hour or her life would have been played on loop. His eyes staring into hers desperately trying to persuade her to stay in any way that he could. Not leaving each others eye sight for a while, hoping and praying she would change her mind.

"We can help you dear" Polly pleaded.

"You can't no one can. No one will. he will kill you and I wont let that happen. ever" Tommy pulled her back for a moment. Embracing her in a long awaited hug. she hid her face in his chest pressing her eyes shut, feeling his heat beating between them both.

"Take my mother's jewels and look after them" she whispered into the hug. Tommy tightened his jaw, his arms holding her close to him, he tiny body so small compared to his muscular form. He felt whole for once. Finally after years of hurt and pain he felt numb around her, she eased his pain immensely.

"You could kill them easily" he whispered back to her she shook her head finally letting go of him. Her hands travelled up to his face where she caressed his cheek for a moment he wanted her to be his, forever and always, he wanted to be her protector.

"and then what? He'll just send more men.I deserve it" she looked over at polly who was stunned beyond belief. Ayla walked over to Polly and whispered into her ear so only she could hear "Whatever you do don't not let him come after me, promise me Polly" Ayla pleaded