Chapter Twenty One: Uncharted Territory

Before they even walked into the packed ballroom the sound of laughter, live music and enjoyment filled the halls of the castle with a never ending echo bouncing from one wall to the next, it was different to her father's castle

Before they even walked into the packed ballroom the sound of laughter, live music and enjoyment filled the halls of the castle with a never ending echo bouncing from one wall to the next, it was different to her father's castle. It was filled with paintings and brightly lit walls, sculptures of history's most import people and flowers, it sounded like they were having a good time behind the tall oak doors a celebration for most but a miserable experience for most girls.

The whole reason for these balls were for parents to find potential husbands for their daughters, no matter where they came from or how much they had to offer they would find wealthy suitors for their children giving them what they thought was the best future they could possibly give them.

For the first time Ayla didn't want to be the centre of attention like she always was, she didn't want people to see her helpless and unable to stand up for herself that's not the message she wanted to send to the young girls around her, this wasn't who she was, a vulnerable helpless mess, she was destined for better things.

A butler helped her out of the carriage being careful not to step on her silk made dress imported from china, taking each step carefully on the red carpet leading towards the building, trying not to break her thin heels shoes, leading her towards the door as the king followed closely behind her.

Her heart was beating so fast she could hear it ringing in her ears each thud making it harder for her to breathe as her anxiety began to kick in. When the doors opened revealing the party behind the intimidating oak doors Ayla knew her life was about to change as soon as they opened in ways she couldn't even imagine. Everyone staring directly at her, her father walking proudly beside her like an object he would sell to the highest bidder she knew he didn't feel any remorse towards her, he was a heartless bastard whom she desperately wanted to strangle.

King Ahaz was sitting in a gold throne fit only for him at the other end of the hall behind a table filled with many different kinds of traditional foods, only the finest would be served to him, probably drinking expensive grape wine which was popular in Turkey at the moment, watching over his people like and eagle looking for his next meal, although he didn't have a mean face like her father it didn't make a difference to her.

His face was extremely aged and a belly rounder than the moon bursting through his shirt each button struggling to hold on. When he noticed Ayla in the crowd his eyes widened, her beautifully chiselled jaw, collar bones and crystal cut eyes glistening in the disco lights. Her stomach began to churn at the very thought of him touching her, as they edged closer King Ahaz stood up to greet them wobbling as he did so.

'Nice to see you old friend' her father smiled at him as they shook hands gracefully his eyes not departing from Ayla.

'The pleasure is all mine' He replied keeping his eyes glued to Ayla scanning each one of her features with ease.

'This is my daughter Ayla' her father looked over at her expecting her to say something but her mouth didn't have the energy to move, she was stuck in a cold haze of confusion and pain.

'My my my have you grown into a beautiful young lady, the last time I saw you, you were sitting in a little cage, you were a little tyke back then' King Ahaz joked making her father laugh but building anger in her body remembering the countless hours she spent in a cage.

'Ah the good old days' Her father joked nudging her slightly

'You are more beautiful in person, I have only ever seen pictures of you and worried you would be nothing of the sort but you have proven me wrong, you'll make me great children' he said as a chesty cough took everyone by surprise. It lasted a couple of seconds but he managed to regain posture, his last remark making her stomach turn.

'You'll have to excuse her she is a little shy' Her father tried to make an excuse for her quietness when in fact she was trying to keep herself from slitting both of their throats

'Well Kemal everything looks satisfactory, I would like to take your daughters hand in marriage' King Ahaz said making Ayla gulp. She felt so out of place here and she didn't like it. He took a little red velvet ring box out of his pocket and handing it over to her, she hesitated, holding in a breath as she took it. Her hands shook like a cold cat in stormy weather. She could sense her father smiling widely as she opened the box.

A ring that looked like it could weigh the door down by itself laying inside the box, a ruby as big as his stomach with diamonds covering the band.

'Well what's the answer?' her father asked expecting to get the answer he wanted to hear.it took her a moment to reply her eyes welling as she spoke.

'I accept' she said as a single tear dropped from her right eye looking away as she tried to hide it. She felt powerless to do anything about the situation she was in, as the ring was placed on her finger a chill moving down her spine. His hand grabbed onto her hand parading her like a rag doll. As his people watched the two exchanging words and tension filled looks.

'Well there's no time to waste, we will wed tomorrow night' the king smiled as the room suddenly started to applaud him.

'Raise a glass to your new queen' the king shouted as the crowd raised their expensive silver glasses as a toast to the new queen. She didn't want to be here... not even for a moment. there was only one person she wanted to be with...

----

'So what now huh? You think beating the shit out of your brother will solved the problem?' Polly shouted at them like school boys Thomas's face filled with anger towards his brother.

'And you!!! How dare you turn your back on your brother after everything he has done for you! The Shelby's never turn their backs on each other I thought you knew that' she shouted at Arthur who looked ashamed with what he had done. Holding an ice pack to his busted lip Thomas couldn't help but glare at him. Barely any scratches on him he stood in the corner with his arms crossed.

'I'm going with or without you both' He said to Arthur and John packing whatever was left of his things.

'You can't go alone, even if she has a plan you won't get out of there alive' Polly fought back trying to convince the Arthur to change his mind. She couldn't believe he was letting Thomas do this alone after everything the trio had been through.

'I don't understand what's so special about this girl, give me one good reason and I'll gladly take a bullet for you' Arthur finally said with a tone of defeat in his voice, he had finally come to his senses. Thomas hesitated taking a deep breath before speaking, not knowing where to start.

'For the first time I felt like I had all the power in the world, I couldn't care less if I lost everything in the process, my reputation, money, whores don't have a meaning in my life any longer. When I'm with her my nightmares from France just disappear. It's like all the pain I felt all the wounds I had have finally healed and without her it feels like something is missing, she's all I think about' Thomas paused looking at his two brothers hoping for some sort of reassurance.

'We better round up the troops' Arthur threw him a small smile. 'This time we'll go with an army' 

-----------------

SOOOOOOO what do you guys think will happen???? do you think Ayla and Thomas will be together or will something stop that from happening???

Let me know what you guys think will happen!