Chapter Nine: Two's a crowd

"Shortly we will be having a guest" Chester smiled down at Ayla, her small frame lying on the dirty floor, her eyes blurred from sweat and her face stained with dry blood. She felt just as fragile as she used to be.His skin filled with goose bumps from the chill roaming around the room.

"Wh... wh" she tried to ask it had been two days since she had last spoken. A laugh left his lips raspy and deep. She feared it might be the one person she didn't want it to be.Tommy,for the first time she prayed that it wasn't him. 

"A friend of yours I believe" Chester smiled wider making her panic even more "If you make a fucking sound I will have your tongue in my hand understood?" He asked and she slowly nodded not able to speak.Her body felt like every bone had been broken.

"Just send me back to my father I'm sure you will receive a giant reward for my return and leave the shelby's alone" she finally forced out of her frail body. 

"No my dear, I have better use for you here in Birmingham you are probably worth more to Thomas Shelby than to your own father" He shook his head. He knew he could use her as leverage and when he was done he would dispose of her seen as no one knew she was here.

He left her cell slamming the door behind himself leaving her in the darkness once again, she pushed herself off the floor leaning her back on the rigid walls. The chills ringing down her spin but she didn't mind it. It almost felt nice against her burning skin.

It had been two days since Ayla had been taken by Chester Campbell but he hadn't finished quiet yet, after beating her repeatedly leaving her in a pool or her own blood from time to time and not getting any information about the stolen guns  he had grown impatient. That night when Arthur Shelby attends the cinema with two women on his arm his satisfaction was shortly bothered when he was abruptly taken by Chester's men and taken to be interrogated. Ayla could hear the shouting from down the hall but was unable to scream or shout for help remembering the threat Chester had made earlier.Beaten almost as badly as Ayla Chester Campbell took the time to get the answers to his questions.Groans of pain leaving Arthurs mouth as he sat in a dim room which was only being lit by one single light. The two men standing nearby which angry looks on their faces, this wants unusual for Arthur but he sensed there was more to this situation that met the eye.

"Arthur Shelby lead pack dog of the peaky blinders"  Chesters edged closer to him, his heels clicking across the hard floor walking from behind him and standing in front of him.

"look at me" He pulled some hair out of his bloodied face, hints of sarcasm in his voice as he spoke.Suddenly pulling his arm back his fist met with his face making him cough up blood. His peaked cap was handed to Chester by one of the men as he wiped the blood off his hands. 

"Bastard" Arthur groaned spitting blood out of his mouth 

"Now mr Shelby I want you to see this as me introducing myself to you understand? in all the world the only thing that interests me is the truth" he crossed his hands in front of him professionally "so what do you know about the robbery?" He asked calmly 

"What robbery?" Arthur breathed heavily as Chester grabbed his hand 

"I will ask you again what do you know about the robbery?" He whispered into his ear intimidatingly 

"I swear to god I don't know what you're talking about  what fucking robbery?" Arthur asked as Campbell looses his patience breaking one of his fingers, the snapping sound filling the room along with his screams. 

"after 35 years of dealing of with animals like you I can tell the sniffing in the air whether or not you're lying" Chester grabbed onto his collar