°°°Chapter 14°°°

Kaitlyn's POV

I looked at Carson and grinned.
He fidgeted in his spot on the steps. I walked back a few steps and saw him still standing in the same spot.

"What are you waiting for? An invitation?" I asked sarcastically.

He hesitantly stepped in and slowly followed behind.

"Wow! Your home is huge!" He bursted out. I looked and saw him blush. I grinned, "Yea, my parents went all out when we move here."

"That's nice..." He said softly.

"Well, who do we have here? The nerd? What are you doing here?" Logan said as he appeared in front of me. I glared at him.

"It's none of your business Logan," I gritted out.

He smiled, "Aren't you cute, but I'm just curious, that's all."

"Didn't you know curiosity killed the cat," Carson spoke up.

Logan glared at him and he hid behind me. "Shut it nerd!"

"You don't tell anyone what to do. This is my house so you play by the rules here, starting by keeping out of my business," I told him lowly.

I pushed him out of my way and pulled Carson with me to my room.

"I'm sorry about him, I didn't know he would've been here until like ten minutes ago," I explained.

"Oh, it's okay... He doesn't like me anyways, I never knew why..." He trailed off.

"Maybe because your smart, and have girls falling head over heels for your cuteness," I said with a smirk.

He smiled, "Maybe.."

I then remembered why he came here for a project, which I paid little to nada attention to.

I sighed and sat on the couch near my bed, "So, what's this project about?" I asked.

He came and sat next to me and opened a book. "It's about the hormonal system in humans, plus we have to do a little something on eachother, it's part of a get to know your partner sort of thing. We can either do a video, poem, speech or write something about the person, " he said slowly.

"Wow, that's cool and too easy to believe!" I bursted out and jumped on my bed.

He genuinely laughed at my craziness. "You would have known all of this if it wasn't for your absenteeism," he said.

I stopped jumping and looked at him, "What the heck is absenteeism?" I asked flabbergasted.

He blushed, "It means absent..."
"Ohh, well you could've said that," I giggled at his adorableness.

What the hell is wrong with me! Why am I acting like one of those girls! I thought. 

I shook my head of those unnecessary thoughts. "Well, let's get started," I said.

----Two hours later---

"Do we really need all this? Can't we take a break? We've been at this for exactly two hours," I said while looking at the clock.

He sighed, "I guess we can take a small break."

Suddenly, our tummies started grumbling at the same time. I laughed while he blushed crimson red.

"Since we're both hungry, how about ice cream, I could sure do with some right now," I said with a grin.

"Okay, there's an ice cream parlor around the corner," he suggested.

"Cool, let's go for ICE CREAM!!" I yelled and ran out.
He laughed and trailed behind me. "Slow down!" He yelled while laughing.

I stopped and waited for him to catch up to me.
"Damn, you're so hungry for ice cream?" He asked incredulously.

I grinned and pulled him to the parlor. "Isn't it somewhere around here we first bumped into eachother?" I asked while smiling.

He blushed, "Yeah... I'm really sorry about that," he whispered.

"It's okay, you don't always have to apologise," I whispered back and smiled.

We both walked into the parlor and saw there weren't much people. There was a couple in the corner and a few other guys in black sitting around a table.

"Hello, good day, what're you lovebirds getting today?" The lady at the counter asked kindly.

I nearly chocked on my spit. Lovebirds? I laughed. "We're not–"

"Oh don't start that, I've seen many couples come in and out of here claiming that they'd never be, but then a few years later you see them together," she smiled.

"That's a nice story, but I'm sure she won't go for a guy like me... And vice versa..." Carson said softly.

I sort of felt a little sad when he said that... But whatever..

The lady shook her head and smiled, "If you say so."

I smiled awkwardly, "Well, I came for ice cream, so I'll have a double scoop of rocky road and bubble gum please," I asked like a little child excitingly.

"I'll have the same," Carson said.

We both got our ice cream and Carson paid, although I told him I can.

"It's to make up for bumping into you," he said with a goofy smile.

We walked out eating our ice cream. As we were passing an alley way I got a really bad feeling in my stomach.
It must've been the ice cream. No need to be paranoid, right? Right?!

At that thought, I turned around and saw no one. "What's wrong?" Carson asked confused. 

"It's nothing, I just have this feeling that something is going to happen," I said.

"Must be the ice cream going to your head?" he suggested.

"Maybe..." I trailed off.

We continued walking, when suddenly a rag was put by my mouth. I dropped my ice cream and started kicking and trashing around, but they were too strong. I knew what was in the cloth before I inhaled it. Chloroform!
I tried to hold my breath for as long as I can, but you can only hold it for that long you have to breathe. I tried fighting it but it was of no use.

"Kaitlyn!"

Oh no! Carson! I thought before everything went black...........

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Word Count: 980😀

Aww Carson is so cute when he's blushing so much💕 how can you not love that😱😳💓💓

Don't forget to hit that vote '🌟' button👇😊 and drop a comment 💬😈