°°°Chapter 23°°°

Kaitlyn's POV

When I got out of my breakdown state I paid attention to the arms wrapped around me. They were twice the size of my small ones. I slowly unwrapped myself from their warm embrace and looked at the person. I gasped when I realised who it was.

"Hey there..." He muttered and tucked a stray hair behind my ear.

"Daddy!" I whimpered and embraced him once more as I felt myself ready to explode again.

"Princess, it's okay... Everything will be okay..." He repeatedly muttered into my hair.

I pulled away and watched him dead straight in his eyes. His eyes widened.

"Daddy, what's going on?" I asked seriously as I felt hurt that they won't tell me.

He sighed, "I'm sorry this had to happen to you," he tiredly ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Why won't mom tell me anything! Does she not love me or trust me enough to tell me..." I muttered as a tear fell down my face.

"Oh, Princess, your mother loves you so much you would never understand. She's just trying to keep you safe," he reasoned as he wiped the fallen tear away.

"What's the use in trying to keep me safe now huh?" I humorlessly chuckled and shook my head.

"I guess I'll have to tell you everything you were bound to know," I looked at him awaiting for him to continue.

"But, I'll have to do it when your brother and sister is present, it's only fair for them to know also," he stated and I nodded my head in agreement.

"You'll have to stay in the hospital for a few days," he said in a worried tone. I rolled my eyes at that.

Throughout all the action and tantrums that have happened over the time I forgot to ask one important question.

"Dad, what day is it?"

"It's Monday, why do you ask?" he asked confused by the sudden change of topic.

"Well, it's not like it's a usual thing for me to get kidnapped and locked up in a cell or anything to actually miss seeing the daylight," I muttered sarcastically.

He sighed, "Are you really okay darling?"

I nodded my head and soon felt that agonizing pain return again. I clutched my head in pain and groaned, "Not again..." I muttered.

Dad panicked and kept asking if I'm okay. It would have been quite funny to see him like this, but right now it's not. The pain soon died down a little and I sighed in relief.

"I'm okay daddy, it's just the after effects of a concussion," I assured him with a gentle smile.

"I'm gonna take you to the doctor," he swiftly got up off the grass and picked me up in his arms. I squealed out in surprise and laughed as he carried me through the hospital back doors. Patients who were out for a walk looked at us like we were crazy, while some watched in awe.

"Put me down!" I squealed and held on for dear life.

He put me down in the room I was in before. It was empty, no one else was in it except for us.

I sighed in contemplation as I laid back on the headrest.

"Where's mom?" I muttered, she could have at least waited for me to come back.

"She left awhile ago to deal with some stuff..." he said and sat on the bed next to me.

"Gang stuff?" I glowered.