°°°Chapter 22°°°

Unknown POV

"Hey dude, you feeling better?" I asked as I saw him in the garden pulling out weeds.

"Yea man, I just don't want to sit around in the house whole day, it gets boring you know," he shook his head as he molded some soil around a flowering lettuce plant.

"Well, you did just a while ago woke up from a really dread coma, it's only natural that you rest," I chuckled as I grabbed a hand spade to help him.

He chuckled along, "Dude, your right but, I'm an active guy! I'm getting really better as the days go by!" He smirked.

"That's true," I stated, "but, have you remembered anything?" I asked hoping that he does.

He shook his head, "Nope, all I do remember is waking up in the infirmary."

"No flashbacks or anything?" I tried.

"Nope, nada!"

I sighed and patted him on the back, "Don't worry man, you'll remember when God wants you to," I stated then an idea came to my mind.

"Hey! There's a party Friday, wanna go?" I asked with a smirk.

He gasped, "Are you asking me out on a date?!" he playfully asked.

My eyes widened, "W-what?"

He laughed so hard tears were beginning to pool in his eyes, "You should've seen your face!" He exclaimed with a huge gleam in his eyes.

I glared, "Man, I'm not into you! That's not funny!" I shouted and lightly punched his shoulder.

He laughed, "Of course we're definitely going to that party! Only if the doc approves," he stated and passed his hands through his growing golden blonde hair.

I smirked and ran to tell my dad, knowing he will approve once it's to help the patient.

Kaitlyn's POV

"What are you doing here!" Someone harshly tried to whisper.

"My daughter is here, why else would I be here Penny!" A familiar voice bursted out.

"It's your daughter who got my son here in a hospital right now?" the voice sharply spoke in distaste.

I guess it's time to wake up and face the invaders. I groaned when my head let out an intensive pain as I turned my head. I instantly grasped my bandaged head.

"Honey, are you okay?" I opened my eyes and saw my mom beside my bed in only a silk black long sleeve dress. She looked worried and tired like she hadn't slept in days.

"Mom!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arms around her forgetting that I was feeling a ton of pain right now.

"I'm so glad you're okay honey, I was so worried," she murmured into my hair and I heard her sniffle a bit.

"Mom, I'm okay! Don't cry, look I'm fine!" I smiled and tried to reassure her.

Someone cleared their throat and I slightly glanced towards the sound. There stood a woman with long brunette hair and dark grey eyes, she wore a blue sweater shirt and light wash jeans. To say she was beautiful would've been something, if it wasn't for the dirty glare she had on her face.

"Who are you?" I calmly asked the intruder.

"I'm Penny, Carson's mother," she stated as she looked between my mom and I.

"Oh..." I trailed off, I mean sorry for getting your son almost killed? I should say that right?

"Yes oh! You need to stay away from my son! I don't want him to be anywhere near you or your family or the gang! It'll only bring trouble to us," she bursted out in so much anger.

She knew about the gang!

"You can't come here and order us what to do!" Mom stated angrily.

"What gang are you talking about?" I pretended to not know.

"It's nothing honey," Mom shakily smiled and brushed it off. I glared at her, I mean you can't keep hiding things from me!

Penny humorlessly laughed, "Oh Miranda dear, you haven't told your precious daughter about the gang," she asked tauntingly.

"Stay out of it!" Mom ordered as her eyes were filled with rage.

"Mom? Is that you?" another voice spoke from the other side of the room.

"It's silly how I always thought of you as my best friend in the whole world, but all you ever do is tell lies and hide important things," Penny muttered as her eyes held so much pain and betrayal. She shook her head and walked off to embrace her son.

"Mom what is she talking about?" I firmly asked.

"Nothi-"

"Don't you dare tell me nothing! I know you're lying to me! I just got kidnapped and all they ever talked about is you and how beautiful you are! And you're just gonna tell me it's nothing? Fine mom, if you don't want to tell me, can you please leave! I would like to be alone," I fired out as soon as I could, not being able to hold my tongue anymore.

"Kaitlyn! What has gotten into you! There are things you are not supposed to know," she stated as he eyes were pleading with me to understand. Yes, I was being childish but, I wanted her to tell me the truth!

"Well, the things you don't want me to know is you trying to get me killed! I have a life ahead of me! Do you think I wanna die right now?" I shouted in horror.

"You don't understand," she trailed off.

"What do I not understand? Why do you not tell me anything! Make me understand! If it wasn't for Carson over there, I would've been dead with a silver bullet in my head!" I cried out as tears fought to spill out. I swiftly got off the bed and ran out the room. I didn't know where I was going, until I finally stopped at a tree in the back of the hospital. Who knew I can run so fast! I should try out for the track team. I laughed at that thought as tears flooded out and streamed down my solemn face.

"Why does my life have to be so crazy!!!!! Why! Why! Why!" I screamed and pulled at the grass as I let the waterworks flow like a river.

"Where are you when I need you!" I shouted out to the skies, hoping my brother would show up in front of me.

"I missed you so much! I want you to hold me and tell me that everything will be alright... I want to hear you play your guitar and sing me your handwritten silly songs! I need you here to help me get through this! I love you so much... I'm incomplete without you..." I cried out as I fell and lay on the cool grass crying my eyes out.

I felt strong arms pulling me close and wrapping their arms around my petite body, rocking me from side to side and whispering, "It's gonna be okay."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Word Count: 1154💪

So much of quarreling😭
Anyone know whose the person who held her?!!😜😜😜 *evil laughs* bet you don't know😂😂😋
You'll have to wait and see in the next chapter👉👉👉🔥

Don't forget to hit that vote '🌟' button👇😊 and drop a comment 💬😎