Chapter 30

| Abel Kareem |

four weeks later. ( last time skip )

That night was the last time I seen Gotti -- and a lot has changed since then. Most importantly though, I've gotten all the people who I love and care about in my life again. Mostly just my brother, friends and a few family members I was close with. I'm still not so sure about my parents and letting them in my life, just because of the simple fact I feel like they let me down. They could've protected me or at least tried to and they did nothing. And plus they haven't even tried getting in contact with me at all, so I don't know.

On another note though, I moved out of that apartment I was staying in and into a much better and bigger one -- just because my brother and friends begged me to, and for other reasons. Gotti left money behind and initially I wasn't going to touch it at all because I didn't want his money -- I wanted to survive on my own and not off of someone else's money, but with the predicament I'm in now I really had no other choice. Since it was such a big amount of money I didn't just want it laying around so I put it into a bank account and right now I really want to invest this money into a clothing boutique or something. I believe that could be something really nice if I put my mind to it.

I was broken from my thoughts when my brother slightly nudged me in the arm. I laughed, I didn't even realize I had spaced out. Since we weren't able to hang out with one another in so long, we were finally able to do that now and I couldn't be happier. We had never been separated from one another for that long of a time period and I didn't want that to ever happen again.

Right now we were at the mall doing a bit of shopping, while we waited for my other friends to arrive.

" So have you told him? " Jerome asked me.

" No. " I replied.

" When will you tell him? " He wondered.

I shrugged my shoulders.

" If I ever see him again -- I'll tell him, but it's best if we keep this between us. No one needs to know about this. And plus I don't even think I want him to know. I don't even know what I want to do right now. I'm so confused. " I said to him.

" Do you even want it? I mean, soon you won't be able to hide it anymore. " He continued to ask questions.

" Yes. " I nodded my head. " And plus, the procedure is way too risky -- that was never an option anyway. "

" Well I'm here. " He assured me. " Anything you need, I'm only a phone call away. " He smiled.

" I know. Lets talk about this some other time though. " I mumbled, when I noticed my friends finally coming into view.

I didn't want any of them to over hear what we were talking about. I had no idea how they would take the news -- I didn't know if they would judge me, if they would look at me in a different way. So I was just going to stay quiet about it for a while.

_

I sighed as I flipped through channels. I had just gotten back to my apartment, and since Jerome was going out with Trevor and Rickey, it was just me tonight. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I felt my phone vibrating. Yes, I had to get a new phone after going months without one. I looked and seen an unknown number calling me -- not much people even have my phone number, but I answered it anyway.

" Hello. " I answered.

" Abel. It's your mother. How you doing baby? " She started off.

I was shocked that she even called. I hadn't even prepared myself what to say in case she did call me one day. I was going through so many emotions -- sad, a bit of happiness, and even a bit of anger.

" I'm good. " I kept it simple. " How are you mom? And dad? " I wondered.

" Oh I'm good. " She sighed. " But you know how your father is. He really wanted to call you but he doesn't know what to say. We know that your probably angry with us and we really are sorry baby. We didn't know what else to do. " She cried.

I didn't know how to respond. I wanted to forgive them -- I mean I've forgiven Gotti after all he has done, so why not forgive them? They are my parents at the end of the day. I just didn't want to have any anger towards anyone because everyone does make mistakes -- even me.

" It's okay. " I said. " I'm not angry at either of you -- I mean I was in the beginning but not anymore. "

" Is he treating you right? " She asked me.

I sighed. I wasn't even about to get into detail all the things he has done. I didn't tell my brother nor my friends, so I won't tell my parents either. It's in the past, so why keep bringing it up.

" We aren't even together right now mom. He's somewhere living his life and I'm here alone. Working on me and getting myself situated. " I explained to her.

She was quiet for a moment.

" Can I come see you soon? Catch up for all the missed time. " She asked.

I really didn't want her seeing me right now, but I also didn't want to say no and make things more difficult. I wanted us to have a relationship but I also needed to trust her again, because I didn't fully trust my parents. I was just going to hope that I made my situation as discreet as possible. I didn't need her questioning me or anything else of that matter.

" Yeah. That would be nice. " I replied.

Another update or two tonight. This was short I'm sorry ya'll. Hopefully it wasn't boring or anything lol.