Chapter 48

| Abel |

" So .. " My brother started. " My birthday is coming up next weekend. I know you can't really go out and do anything, so I was thinking about like -- we could all get together and do something, like bowling or sumn'. And then after that, I'm gon' have to turn up without you. " He smiled, but you could still see the hint of sadness in his eyes. Since there birthdays were only a few months apart they had always celebrated together -- this year would be a little different with Abel pregnant and all.

" You know what I was thinking. " Jerome, had started to speak once again, as they both continued to walk. " I never really got to meet this Gotti dude. Ya' know like a real conversation, I'd like to do that with y'all getting married and all. " He said.

I didn't know how to feel with Gotti and my brother meeting up, having a real one on one conversation. Even though Jerome is my younger brother, since everything has been happening -- me getting with Gotti and then me getting pregnant, and now me getting married, I don't know how but it feels as if the roles has changed and he's now the older brother. I don't know, he's just been there for me in more than ways I could count. He's there when I'm happy, sad, when I need to cry, or just need conversation. He's stronger than I thought he was.

" I mean, I guess that would be okay. What makes you wanna do that though? " I asked him.

He shrugged. " It's like I'm accepting everything now. And you know I want to see you more and be able to help you with my nephew and everything. I know y'all living together now, and I just don't want things to be weird with tension and hella' awkward how it's been a few times when we around or I'm in his house. I just wanna get some things off my chest. "

I nodded my head. " I understand what you saying. I'll talk to him and let him know, cause' I do need you around more. "

We continued our walk around this big ass circle -- it was like a park where people came to walk or get a bit in shape, and right now I needed that. Being pregnant I was gaining a little weight, especially in my legs and thigh area. Not a whole lot, but I was starting to see it.

_

After what felt like forever I had finally made it back home. I didn't see the Benz Gotti had drove out this morning anywhere, so that only meant he was still out and about. I headed up the stairs into my bedroom, stripped and made my way into the shower.

_

| Gotti |

I tossed the phone into the seat after receiving Abel' voice mail. I was tryna call him but he isn't answering. He's been talking about him having the taste for some nasty ass avocado -- I was calling to let him know that I was gon' stop by on the way home to pick him up some. Knowing him, he's probably sleeping, or eating, again. I decided I was just gon' head and pick some up anyway -- cause Abel was the type to wake my ass up in the middle of the night when he really wanted something. So, instead of being woken up, I'll get it now. I got there in a few minutes, parked and headed inside this packed store. I had no idea where to look at first, but I was sure it was near the fruits and vegetables. I quickly made my way towards the aisle -- I didn't know how many of these he wanted, so I just grabbed up a few, placed them in the bag and headed to check out.

" Gotti. " I had heard, as I made my way to my car.

I'd just paid for these avocados and all I wanted to do was get home to Abel. I hadn't seen him since I left this morning.

I turned around and seen a woman who I didn't recognize. I didn't know who she was, or the fact that she knew my name so I continued to my car. That is until she spoke again.