ICLY2: 3

Abel Kareem

Abel Kareem

I held baby wis' in one arm, while I made Gotti' and I's breakfast with my other hand. He was feeling some more pain in his back, so right now he was upstairs in the bed laying down. I balanced his plate in my hand as I made my way up the stairs.

" Good morning baby. " I told him, handing him his food.

" Morning. " He mumbled, never lifting his head from his plate. I could just sense something was wrong with him.

" What's wrong with you? " I asked him, as I moved wis' into my other arm.

He shrugged his shoulders. " Nothing. Can I fuckin' eat in peace? "

Okay, I know he didn't feel to well, but he didn't need to catch attitudes with me -- the one person whose been waiting on him hand and feet and caring for a newborn baby at the same time.

" Whatever. " I mumbled, heading out the bedroom.

" Whatever? " He asked placing his food down. " Don't fuckin' play with me Abel, I'll fuck you up. Foreal. " He threatened.

I hadn't planned on arguing with him today and especially not while I'm holding my son, so I did the best thing and I walked out. I wasn't surprised with his outburst and acting crazy because it's something he always does -- take his pain or anger out on me when I've done nothing wrong but be there for him.

I laid the baby down, suddenly hearing a crash. I sighed feeling myself becoming annoyed with Gotti. I shut the baby's door, leaving it cracked open before going to see what he had did. When I walked into the bedroom the plate of food was broken into pieces and everything was all over the place.

" Seriously. " I sighed. " I'm not cleaning that up after you.

" You gon' do what I tell you to do. " He replied. " You ain't pregnant no more, I'll beat ya' fuckin' ass. " He yelled.

I shook my head. " So we back at that again. I swear I can't fuckin' stand you -- every time I think you fuckin' changing you always show me different Gotti. We have a fuckin' child, grow the fuck up. " I told him.

He looked me dead in the eye before charging at me, and pinning me up against the wall, wrapping his hands around my neck. I struggled to breath before he let go of my neck, shaking his head while be began to mumble things.

" Gotti. " I whispered.

He only acted this way when he was under the influence of either alcohol or drugs -- sometime both. He promised he wouldn't do it anymore especially now that we have wis'.

" Are you drunk? " I asked him. I could now smell the alcohol on him -- it smelled extremely strong. I couldn't help but feel disappointed because not only did he let us down and this relationship once again, he was now letting wis down because we all know how he acts when he is under the influence. He becomes violent and irrational.

" Get the fuck outta' my way. " He pushed passed me and headed down the stairs. I was in so much of a daze I didn't even realize he had dressed himself up to leave. I jumped when I heard the door slam and soon wis' cries could be heard.

I had so much hope in him but I guess you can never change a person. I was shocked at myself when I felt the tears leave my eyes. I wiped them before heading into my babies room.

_

I rubbed at my eyes -- as I heard the front door being open. I realized I had fell asleep, looking at the time it read 8:09 pm. I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs so I prepared myself since you never know what Gotti' your going to get.

I watched him as he walked into the bedroom, stripping from his clothing and heading into the master bedroom. The shower could be heard coming on moments later. I sat up in the bed, turning my phone on. As soon as he stepped out of the shower he and I had somethings to talk about. He couldn't just flip out on me early in the morning, storm out and then return like everything is okay.

I watched him as he walked out of the bathroom, the towel hanging off of his waist.

" You don't have anything to say? " I asked him.

He said nothing as he dropped the towel and slipped on some boxer briefs.

" Gotti? " I called out his name. " Tell me what's going on. You storm out after you put your hands on me -- some thing you said you would never do again. If some things wrong tell me so I could help you. " I sighed before speaking again. " I could smell the alcohol on your breath earlier. Your drinking again aren't you? " I asked him.

" I'm sorry. " He mumbled, before dropping his head.

I was mad of course, but I didn't want to beat him down about it. I needed to be there for him cause' we were married now. I moved from the bed and over to Gotti, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug.

" It's okay. " I whispered before pulling him to the bed.

" When did you start drinking again? " I asked him.

" A few days ago. " He responded. " I was tryna' fight the urge and I have been, but it's not easy. " He said.

I nodded my head. " It's okay. "

I latched his hand with mine. I didn't know how to help him in this situation only had one resolution. I knew if he really tried and worked hard he could beat this alcohol. He needed to do it for himself and his son -- and if he really wanted me in his life he would definitely beat it.

" You have to leave, go back. " I told him.

It pained me to say those words but he and I both know he needs it. Last time Gotti went to rehab he left early for some things I don't even want to mention again and he never got the full treatment. This time though, I'm going to make sure he stays the entire 30 days because he needs it.

" I don't want to leave you, I don't want to leave my son. " He replied, shaking his head.

" I know. " I told him. " You need to though and deep down inside you know that. You have an addiction and I can't help you like those people can. I don't want you to leave but I can't have you killing yourself either. I need you and so does your son. He needs both of us in his life to raise him. " I continued. " Please just do this for me Gotti. I'm begging you. " I pleaded.

He sniffed. " I'll go. " He replied.

" Thank you. "

That night was different. Gotti usually holds me at night, but tonight I found myself holding him. I found myself drying his eyes as he shed a few tears -- I consoled him. It was different but I knew he needed me more than ever right now and I wasn't about to turn my back on him.

How I do y'all.. Was this good or what? And if you haven't I just published a new story which is a boyxboy please go and check it out let me know if y'all like or not.