Part 11

"On the oppsite: I admire your courage", Sarah said. "I do not know what illness your parents have but I can assure you that they will get better again. Otherwise they wouldn't have sent you to school. Maybe they're healthy now and you're worrying unnecessarily", Sarah smiled, "besides what I heard is that Dumbledore is very nice. If you ask him whether you could meet your parents over the weekend, I'm sure he won't say no." She winked at him. James actually smiled: "You think so?" he asks. "I know it", Sarah said. "And now to Lily: have you ever tried another tactic of approaching her?" James leaned in, he was intrigued: "What do you mean with approaching her differently?" "Well, I mean, have you ever tried to not ask her the second you see her?" "I thought that girls like boys to chase them." "Yeah well, apparently not Lily", Sarah remarked dryly, "if I were her the boy always asking me would also go on my nerves. Maybe you should try to not talk to her for the next few weeks. Or better: you should fake date someone else in this time." "What?", James spluttered. "Show her that you won't wait for her the whole time. She will approach you first. Wait for that. And then make a civil conversation. Talk about the weather if you don't know what you should say or talk about school work. Be a gentleman. If you see her carrying too many books, help her. And then after a few months when she sees your real character, you could ask her whether she wants to go to Hogsmeade with you. And she'll agree. That's what I meant with approaching her differently." James remained for a minute silent. "And if this also doesn't work?" "Then we think of another solution", Sarah grinned. "I'll be damned if Lily won't get out with you", she thought. "Thanks Sarah!", James grinned with new enthusiasm, "you're really cool!" "No problem", she smiled. Both went silent until Sarah pointed to the sky and said: "You know, what my god father once said? The star next to Sirius has become ours. He said that if you miss home look up to the sky and find the star. He would also look at it and we both will never be really seperated." Sarah's expressions went soft and James could see the underlying pain in her eyes. He didn't know what to do, so he just laid an arm around her. Sarah snuggled deeper in his side and let his warmth overcome her. Suddenly she was very tired. She only heard James whispering "Accio blanket" before kissing her on the forehand and saying "Sleep well, Sarah." She could only thought blearily "You, too, Dad", before going to sleep.