Part 36

That's how I imagined Jack would look like :).

The next day Sarah woke up due to the hustle in her room. As she woke up, she made eye contact with Lily who bolted out of the door the instant. "The day starts really well", Sarah thought sarcastically. "You know what's up with her?", Marlene asked seemingly nonchalant. But Sarah knew Marlene cared deeply about Lily. "She woke up with red puffy eyes and won't talk to anyone about what happened", Marlene continued, "and yesterday she seemed fine." "I don't know", Sarah lied, "by the way do you know what time is it?" "7:30", Alice answered. "Shit", Sarah swore under her breath, Jack was waiting for her at 8 o'clock. And she needed approximately 15 min until she got to the Hogwarts entrance gates.
She jumped out of the bed and made herself to look a bit more presentable than normal since it will be a pretty serious day...
"Why in such a hurry?", Marlene asked her with raised eyebrows as she watched Sarah hastened to make herself ready. "You'll see later", Sarah promised and ran out of the room. "I hate it when she says such things!", was the last thing Sarah heard about Marlene complaining to Alice.
Sarah ran out of the Common Room not noticing the Mauraders who were coming out of their room and watched her with mild amusement at her hurry. "Wonder what she missed", Sorius drawled. Remus made a sound of agreement while James just looked in the direction Sarah disappeared. He still couldn't wrap up his head about her rejection and was partly happy about not needing to confront her. It was embarrassing for him. "Hey, what's the matter with you, James?", Remus asked him, "you're so silent. It's becoming unusual." James knew he was in trouble when Remus used his real name instead of his nickname. "Nothing, Moony", he lied and smiled to convince him but Remus was of course far to smart to fall for it. Luckily, he didn't press the matter further. What unnerved James really was the knowing glance Sirius threw him when they went out of the Common Room. "He couldn't know, could he? The Common Room was empty last night, I checked it", James thought panicking slightly. "Maybe I interpreted too much into Padfoot's glance", he tried to reassure himself.

Sarah sprinted to the gate and there he was. "I'm sorry, I'm late", she apologized. "Don't worry, I was too early", he smiled at her. They went to Hogwarts in a steady pace. "Have you ever visited Hogwarts?", Sarah asked him trying to make conversation. "No, actually this is my first time out of France", Jack looked a bit sheepishly as if he was embarrassed. "They don't really welcome me in my ... condition", he explained further with a slight pause in his voice. "Well, then I'll make sure that you see more of England then. Starting with a typical English breakfast", Sarah said trying to cheer him up. And it worked. He smiled a genuine smile and they reached the Great Hall. Since almost everyone was seated, there only was a free place for two person at the end of the table. People began staring at them, especially at Jack, since he was a new foreign person. Jack looked down self-consciously but Sarah tugged at his sleeves and indicated him to the Gryffindor table: "Come on, let's get seated." Jack nodded and followed her. People stopped eating and it became silent at the table, all staring at them. Sarah ignored them and she started to explain things to Jack: "You see, a full English breakfast includes sausages, fried eggs, bacon grilled tomatoes, baked beans and black pudding with toast. I personally like to drink a glass of orange juice." Bit by bit, the people returned to their normal conversation but not without glancing at them every few moments.
James looked at them with clenched fists. "So, that is why she rejected you?", the evil voice from yesterday evening returned, "look, how happy she seems." As if on clue, Sarah laughed at something Jack said and it became painfully clear to James that Sarah had never laughed so openly with him like now with that new boy. James looked closer at that boy. He supposes that he looks okay. But what attracted Sarah to him, was beyond James. "What does he have what I don't?", he asked himself.
Remus was also not delighted by the new boy. He sensed a new threat - not only did the new boy posed a threat to him but Remus was also sure that the boy wasn't completely human. He just doesn't know in what way but Remus was sure to figure it out.
Lily on the hand was jealous. She didn't like to admit it to herself but she couldn't ignore the aching feeling inside of her that screamed how unfair it was that Sarah always got the attention of boys and how she ignored James this morning.

Since I'm not from England, please forgive me if I've written something that doesn't count to a typical English breakfast ;)