Part 24

"Forgot something?", Sarah asked him trying to appear unaffected. "Ehmm", James said, "not really. To be honest, I was searching for you." "You've found me", she answered. "Yeah", James scratched his head embarrassed, "listen, Sirius doesn't mean to offend you. He was just... peachy." "And he couldn't possibly tell me that in person?", Sarah raised her eyebrows. This younger version of Sirius she liked less and less. "But don't worry, I'm not offended, I think the sleep deprivation has caught up to me so I snapped back", Sarah offered a truce since she was only acting to be angry. James was obviously relieved. "Let's go to Potion", he said and offered her gallantly his arm. Sarah rolled her eyes at his antics but took it nevertheless and both of them went to the classroom in the dungeons. There they were met with the other three boys while Sirius stood there, still sulking. Sarah chose to make it up and said jokingly to him: "Come on, Sirius. Smile up. You look like a puppy if you continue to sulk." James and Remus broke down laughing imagining Sirius as a puppy, Peter wasn't sure whether to laugh or not and Sirius glared at her and the laughing boys at first and then cracked a smile. Having achieved her aim, Sarah went to Snape (no Severus now) who was reading in another potion book. "Morning", she greeted him. Snape didn't even look up but nodded his head indicating that he heard her. Sarah sighed but at least he wasn't completely ignoring her. "What's that, Snivellius? Too high and mighty to greet somebody?", James appeared next to her and taunted him. Snape stiffened but ignored him. "Hey, I was speaking to you. Considering yourself too good for the school or what?", James sneered at him. "James, calm down", Sarah said not wanting a fight to break out, "it doesn't matter. And he did greet me back." James looked at her unbelievably and said: "So you side with the slimly git?" Sarah rolled her eyes and said beginning to feel annoyed: "No, I'm not siding with anyone. I'm just speaking the truth. And it'll be better if you go to your seat now because Slughorn has arrived", here she nodded towards the teacher. James looked at her, huffed and went to his seat. Sarah took a breath, muttered "boys" under her breath and sat down. Here she was met with a curious glance of Snape. "What?", she asked him tiredly. The sleep loss did caught up with her.