Part 32

Because you asked so nicely, I decided to write a short chapter! See you on Sunday! :)
And thanks for your comments, they really keep me motivated!
:DD

Sarah met James on her way to the Great Hall since it was dinner time. The corridor was empty except for them. "Hey", Sarah greeted him. "Hey", he greeted back. But for Sarah it didn't sound normal, he sounded a bit ... nervous. Yes, that was the right word, he sounded nervous. "Are you ok?", she asked him. He nodded but didn't say another word. Another weird thing. Normally, James would chatter on with me but now he doesn't even say word or only a few!
"Maybe his parents' health is getting worse?", Sarah thought anxiously, "oh no, that wasn't what I thought!" "How was the time with your parents? Do they feel better?" "Yes, they do. It was great to see them", James answered. Sarah was feeling a bit hurt by his curt and abrupt way. She saw that James didn't want to talk with him so she just said: "Great."
They walked the last part to the Great Hall in an uncomfortable silence.

James' POV:
"Shit", I cursed in my head. I don't mean to be so laconic but I didn't know what else there is to say. Right now, I'm really confused about my feelings and I'm afraid I will just blurt them out to her if I say more. "You idiot", I swore at me as I saw that I've hurt Sarah's feelings. That wasn't what I wanted. Damn!
Maybe, maybe I could save the situation.
But then it would mean... "Come on, James. You're a Gryffindor!", I chanted to myself.
I cleared my throat: "Sarah? I'm really sorry about how I'm behaving right now. But... Do you have time tonight? I would like to tell you something important. Maybe the same place at midnight?" Hopefully, she says yes.

Sarah's POV:
I was shocked when he told me that. But what else could I say? I was intrigued by what he will tell me, so I said the only possible answer: "Yes."