Part 41

So - here it is! A new chapter! Thank you for your patience!!!

Sarah narrowed her eyes and automatically went into her fighting stance expecting Lukos to attack her at any moment. And for a few minutes it seemed so.
Until the tension was broken by Dumbledore's Patronus. It said: "I hope that you're already on your way to your lesson, Miss Porter."
"Always Dumbledore here to save the day", she thought amusedly.
She then only looked at Lukos and waited for his next move.
However, he didn't move at all and only said: "Don't you have a lesson to attend to?"
Sarah didn't really understood his mood swings and took precautions in case he wanted to make a sneak attack. She didn't turn her back on his until she was in front of the door, then she opened it quickly and hurried to her next lesson: Transmigration.
She was already 5 minutes late and she knew how strict McGonagall was with people being late. She knocked on the door and without waiting for the "enter", she hesistantly pushed the door open and was met with the critical glance of her professor. "You're late", McGonagall stated, "but your classmates have already told me your reasons for it. Don't make it happen again." "Yes, professor", Sarah only said and went to her seat right next to Lily. She could feel Lily stiffen beside her and Sarah inwardly sighed. "Listen, Lily", Sarah whispered to her, "what you saw yesterday..." "was none of my business, I understand", Lily interrupted stiffly. "That wasn't what I meant", Sarah said impatiently, "I..." . "I don't have the right to know and I don't think I really want to know what's going on between you two", Lily interrupted again looking straight at the blackboard. "Lily, can't you just shut up and listen to me once?", Sarah almost shouted. Unfortunately, this outburst caught McGonagall's attention and she looked sharply at the two girls. Sarah muttered a "sorry" however McGonagall wasn't one who would let someone easily out of the hook. "A problem, Miss Porter?", she asked mildly with raised eyebrows. "No professor, sorry", Sarah tried to cover it. Fortunately, she seemed to let it slide this time. "Then I hope, you won't interrupt me again", McGonagall only said and walked away but not before giving her a warning glance that said that she shouldn't cause any more problems.
So Sarah decided to wait until the lesson ended.
However, Lily packed her things very quickly after the lesson and was ready to move, Sarah, already anticipating her move, followed her quickly. When she saw an empty classroom, she pulled Lily in it and locked the door. "Hey, what are you doing?", Lily cried out of protest.
"We have to talk", she stated. "No we don't", Lily retorted stubbornly. "Just... just listen to me for 5 minutes, okay Lily? After these 5 minutes you can continue to ignore me if you still want to", Sarah practically begged her. It killed her inside to see her own mother hating and ignoring her. Normally, Sarah wouldn't even bother if someone would be so cold to her but this time it was different. She didn't want any of her parents having an awkward relationship with her.