Part 31/2

Sarah's POV:
At Sunday morning I stood up at 6 am and made myself ready to go to France since the deadline for the bet with Lukos was nearing. Moreover, the full moon was one week ago so the person I should meet should already have recovered from the exertions. The other girls were luckily still asleep so I didn't need to explain myself what I'll be doing. Especially Marlene is very suspicious, it's getting harder and harder to hold my secrets. I had the feeling that sooner or later someone will know my secret. However, I do hope that it will be later. When I was ready, I left a note on my bed that says:
Don't worry, I'll be here at dinner.
I didn't want Lily and the others to worry.
As it was still in the morning, there weren't many people awake in Hogsmeade so I could apparate unimpeded to Diagon Alley without explaning why I can apparate since it is a thing that pupils learn at the end of sixth year. I went to Gringotts and said to the next best goblin while handing over my key: "Vault 756, please". Unfortunately, it was the same goblin from the begin of the school year and it seemed that he remembered me as well as he narrowed his eyes as he saw me. "So you are here again to steal from the Potters?", he attacked me. "I would like to remind you again that it is none of your business what I do. I have a key and you should open the vault", I spit out. If he is going to be rude with me, then I'm going to be rude to him as well. At last, he was persuaded and led me to 'my' vault. I took 200 Galleons out of it. When I was out of Gringotts again, I took out the portkey and it transported me right in front of an old, worn-out wooden house next to a forest.
I knocked on the door and an old lady opened it. "Bonjour", she greeted me suspiciously. "Bonjour", I greeted back, "is Mr Jack Thompson at home?" "May I know who you are and what you want?", she asked me. "My name is Sarah Porter, I'm a friend of Professor Dumbledore. What I'm doing here is going to be a long answer. If Mr Thompson is at home, I would explain it to both of you." The old lady mustered me and said after a short moment: "Come in." I inclined my head as a thank you and stepped in to the house following her. I could see that they weren't very rich since many things seemed to be very old and worn. However, this house hasn't lost its charme. There were stairs leading upstairs to the bedrooms. "Jack?", Mrs Thompson called her son, "there is someone for you." I actually expected someone in his mid-thirties or fourties since Dumbledore said that Jack was an old friend of his but a guy about my age or few years older came down the stairs. And he was quite good-looking. But that was another matter, focus Sarah! "Hello", he greeted me suspiciously, "do I know you?". Before I could answer, his mother interrupted me: "How about we talk in the living room?" And with that she went forward. I shrugged my shoulders and followed her. "May I bring you something? Tea, coffee or something else?", she offered me. "Tea, please", I said. After everyone was settled, I began to tell them about my situation: "First of all, my name is Sarah Porter. I am a student of Hogwarts and a friend of Professor Dumbledore. The reason why I am here, is that we have an arc enemy of werewolves as our teacher at school. He keeps defaming werewolves but I had a good friend who was a werewolf, too, and he was the best person I've ever known. Many people avoid werewolves because they are prejudiced or afraid of the unknown. And I believe that you can only stop the avoidance if you get to know werewolves. There will always be some prejudices against werewolves, of course, but I do hope that the number of these people will diminish. At the end of the lesson this teacher and I made a bet in which I should show and persuade the class that werewolves aren't bad. Professor Dumbledore gave me your address and well, here I am". Jack wanted to say something but I beat him: "Before you decide, there is of course a compensation. If you agree to it, then I would give you 150 galleons , 50 in advance." "150  Galleons ?", he stuttered. I nodded. "And you're not afraid of werewolves or me?", he asked me unbelievingly. "Like I said, I had a good friend who was a werewolf as well and he was the best person I have ever known", I repeated my words from earlier thinking of the old Remus.
"And what should I do?", he asked me. "Can you perform the patronus charm?", I asked him. He nodded. "A corporal one?" To my delight he nodded again. "I thought that maybe we could teach them this charm and you would perform it. I'm sure you know that only good people can perform a patronus charm. It will prove that you are a good person and in dark times like this, it is also very useful to be able to do it." "You do not speak like a student", his mother suddenly observed. I looked at her stunned not knowing what she meant with that and said carefully: "Ehm thanks?" She rolled her eyes and clarified her statement: "You speak with care and with a deeper meaning like you have had the experiences." I didn't know what I should answer to that so I looked away and asked Jack: "Have you decided or do you want some time to think about it?" He looked at his mother but she just shrugged her shoulders and told him: "Do what you think is right." "I'm in", he then said after he hesistated for a short moment. I let out a breath of relief. "When is it?", he then asked me. "Would it be okay for you for next Monday? Maybe so at 8 o'clock? Then I could show you Hogwarts and you get a typical English breakfast." I winked at him. He smiled at me and said: "I would love that." "Great", I smiled back and stood up: "well, see you next Monday then?" Right now it was late afternoon. "You could stay for dinner", he offered. "Thanks for the offer but I have to go back", I declined. He brought me to the door where I gave him the fifty galleons.
I picked up the portkey and in the next moment I landed in Hogsmeade.