Part 31/1

Sorry for the delay! I'm well again! ;)
Thank you for your patience. As an excuse I have written two long chapters! The second one will be posted on Sunday! :D
Enjoy! :)

James' POV:

As I went to the headmaster's office in the early morning, I wondered how Sirius could say such words to Sarah. It wasn't in his nature to hurt someone like that. That was simply cruel which was also the reason I ignored him in our room the entire time.
"Good morning, James", Dumbledore greeted me with his usual twinkling eyes. I greeted him back and thanked him again for letting me visit my parents. They have already written to me that they feel better but I can't help myself but worry about them. He just waved it aside and I stepped into the fireplace and shouted: "Potter Manor". And I was transported back home. Our house elf Mimi looked startled but was ecstatic to greet me: "Oh Master Potter, you're home. Mimi is happy to see you. But what will your parents say?", she suddenly wailed. "What will we say to what?", the voice of my mother could suddenly be heard. She came into the room and saw me. "James! What are you doing here? Why are you not in school?", she admonished me startled. I shuffled my feet and looked at the ground. "Come now, Dorea, don't descend on the poor boy. I'm sure he has a good explanation", my dad appeared next to my mum with a grin in his face. "It's good to see you, my boy", he said. That was the moment when I noticed it. "You're up", I exclaimed, "you can stand up!" The last time I saw them they both were so ill that they even couldn't stand up. "Of course, I wrote to you that we're feeling better", mum said with a soft smile on her lips. "Now come on, I believe you didn't have any breakfast? Mimi will make some. And we can talk during breakfast."
After we had eaten, my father asked me: "Now James, I believe you owe us a good explanation why you're here" with a wink. I liked that. My father was more of a relaxed type of person while my mother was a more serious person but nonetheless, very caring.
I cleared my throat. "Well, I still had our parting in my head (here both of them nodded solemnly), and I couldn't help but worry about you. (My mother wanted to interrupted me but I quickly continued.) I have read your letters but I always thought that you might defuse the situation so your illness might be worse in reality than written. A new girl is attending Hogwarts now. Her name is Sarah. And she is great, you know? She's brilliant and..." "I'm sure we can talk about her later. What has she to do with why you're here now?", my mother interrupted me and threw an amused glance to my father. I couldn't interpret that look but it made me uneasy somehow. "I was getting there, mum. She gave me the idea to visit Dumbledore to ask him whether I could go to visit you for a weekend or not. And Dumbledore said yes. By the way, I should tell you to get better soon." "So you'll be visiting us for this weekend? And what about your homeworks?", my mom asked. She always cared about my grades. "Let him live a little, Dorea", dad laughed. "Actually, I have already made all of my homeworks", I chimed in. Dad raised his eyebrows and said jokingly: "Who are you and what have you done with my son?" I rolled my eyes at dad's comment and said: "Sarah made me to do it. She predicted that mom would ask me about homework and so Sarah drilled me to do them." "Ah I like that girl already", mom said, "why don't you tell us more about her." "She is very secretive, especially about her background...", I began as I started to remembee her injuries and her uncommon way to come to Hogwarts. I almost forgot it. "She was injured when we saw her first at the infirmary, very injured", I gulped when I thought back and almost missed the shocked gasps of my parents, "we overheard Pomfrey when she told Dumbledore that she was hit with multiple cruciatus curse and cuts and Dumbledore said that she was in a war. But there aren't any wars right now, are there?" I asked my father, just to make sure. If someone knows, then my father as he was the best auror. "No, of course not", he reassured me but I didn't miss the worried glance he sent my mom. "Tell us more about her", my mom urged me. "Sarah isn't a bad person", I hurried to say worried that they would see her in a different light. "She's just secretive as I've said before. But she's very good in school, especially in DADA", the last part I said slowly as I slowly connected the pieces, from her injuries to her high grades in DADA. However, before I came to a conclusion, my mom interrupted my train of thoughts and said: "What's her full name? And where is she from?" "Sarah Porter and I think she mentioned that she's transferred from Beauxbatons", I answered. "Is she a veela?", my father jokingly asked. "Well, she's definitely beautiful enough for a veela", I said remembering her face, "long black curly hair and bright green eyes. And the most important thing is that she is just as beautiful on the inside as outside. She even defied Lukos!" And so, I told my parents everything I knew about Sarah and what I have experienced with her. "Well, I can't believe that Sirius would say something so cruel", my mother cried obviously distressed, "the poor girl. I will write a letter to Sirius and tell him that this is no way how to treat someone, especially a lady!". "Dorea, calm down", my father tried to pacify my mother, "I haven't heard a word yet of Lily", my father tried to change the topic and turned to me. His attempt was successful and my mother pounced on this topic: "Yes, James, why don't you tell us something about Lily? Normally you would have already mentioned her ten times. Did you hassle that poor girl again?" I rolled my eyes at the last question and said: "Well, I decided to let that matter rest a little. Maybe after a time she will come to me instead of running away." "That's a good plan", my dad said appreciatively. "Sarah gave me the idea", I answered and grinned. "Sarah?", my mom said thoughtfully, "she seems to influence your decisions and you very strongly." "Well, she always has good ideas", I defended her, " and actually she did make me open my eyes and realise that there are many other girls except Lily that wouldn't push me away all the time". "Like Sarah?", my mother asked. I choked on my tea at that question. "What?", I coughed. "Do you love her?", my mother asked me bluntly. I wanted to open my mouth and say 'no' but suddenly I couldn't. My mother looked at me knowingly.
Thankfully, my father changed the topic again and we talked about various themes.
At night when I lay in my bed awake, I thought again about mom's question: "Do you love her?" The question haunted me for the rest of the day. I always thought that Lily would be the one but then Sarah came and I realised that I could live without Lily and actually I was better off since Sarah doesn't ridicule me. And Sarah was attractive, even a blind man could see that! And she was nice, sweet and very understanding. I always felt a deeper connection to her as if I've known her for my entire life. That may sound cheesy but that was the truth.
However, she also was very stubborn and headstrong.
But in my eyes, I realised, she was simply perfect!
And with that realisation I went to sleep.
On the next day, my parents thankfully didn't mention Sarah again. We talked about school, of course (mom sigh!), my courses and marks. And thankfully, my father distracted her and we discussed Quidditch.
At evening it was time to go back to Hogwarts. I promised them to do my homeworks and I also said that I would visit them next weekend. My mother protested of course and said that I should concentrate on my school but was persuaded by my father later on. When I was about to floo back to Hogwarts, my mother said: "You can invite Sarah over next week if you want to. I'd like to meet her." I couldn't answer anymore and in the next moment, I was at Hogwarts in Dumbledore's study again.

Don't worry. Sarah won't be together with James. That would be gross! ;)
James is simply confused right now about his feelings towards Sarah and Lily.