Part 17

Wow!!! Over 1000 people read the story!!! It may not mean much to those who have thousands and millions of readers but it means much to me!! So many thanks to all of you! You keep me motivated! Enjoy the story :)

The Mauraders were the last to leave the classroom. As they left, Remus asked worriedly: "You think she knows?" Sirius just shrugged his shoulders and said: "Well, she did associate with one and should know the signs. Calm down, Mooney. You heard her little speech. She obviously likes werewolves. But what..." "Pssst", James hushed them, "I want to listen to their conversation." They all shuffeld closer to the now closed door and listened.
Inside of the classroom Sarah faced the Professor, her fingers on the wand, ready to defend herself at any time. She almost forgot the feeling of the possibilty of being attacked in any moment as well as the rush of adrenalin. However, Lukos just looked at her. Not wavering her gaze, Sarah wondered what he wanted to do next. "Soo", Lukos drawled, "you're a werewolve lover?" Sarah clenched her jaw at his tone. "You asked the class if there were some other opinions. I told mine. I wasn't under the impression that I had to say the same of what you believe", she said pressed. "10 points from Gryffindor for cheek of the teacher", Lukos said immediately. "He's as bad as Snape", Sarah thought and grimaced slightly. Luckily, the professor didn't notice it. "You know, you can dock as many points as you want to from my house but it doesn't really change my view of werewolves", she replied. He frowned at her. "I make a deal with you", Lukos offered her, "since you strongly believe in the good of these werewolves (he spit the word spitfully), why don't you invite one and prove your point to the class? After all, the world should be teeming with nice and good werewolves after what you said." Lukos looked at her maliciously, clearly expecting her to turn down the challenge. However, what he didn't know is that a Potter (or Porter now) never backs down froma challenge. "Good", Sarah agrees, "but you have to give me two weeks time." The professor looked sourly but nodded. "The class also has to like and trust him. And if you don't achieve it, you're going to have detention for a month", he added. "And if I win?", Sarah asked cheekily. "Then you don't have detention", was his curt answer. "And 100 points for Gryffindor", Sarah bargained. He agreed while believing that Sarah couldn't do it. It was impossibke to find a werewolve that would come with her. Seeing that they haven't got anything left to say, she turned to go.
Outside, the Mauraders were having troubles of hearing the conversation. However, they gathered most of it. As they didn't hear voices anymore, they quickly went away from the door, not wanting them to know that they were earesdropping. Sarah opened the door. Unluckily, Peter wasn't as quick as the other three Mauraders and was still leaning against the door. So when she opened it, he almost fell on her. Sarah grimaced slightly at the sight of him but prevented him from falling. The cold demeanour from Sarah towards Peter didn't go unnoticed by the other Mauarders. It was true that Wormtail wasn't very popular with the girls but no one detested him so openly and so quickly. After all, Sarah only knew them for a night.