Part 25

Hey :)
I have to make a short break since I have to prepare myself for a few major tests... It will last a month so I'm sure that I will update in June again ;).
I'll try to update sometime in May but I can't promise anything since I want to concentrate myself on the tests. I'm sorry but hopefully, I'll see you next month again :D.

"You surprise me", Snape just stated shortly. "Well, life is full of surprises", Sarah muttered sarcastically. She now could figure out why he hated her so much. But she couldn't comprehend why her father enjoyed bullying him. In the lesson Snape was rather nice to her. After Potion Sarah went to DADA. On her way at the corridor she was held back. This movement triggered a defence  mechanism and she automatically twisted the captor's hand so she could be free. Before the captor could react she had him pushed up at the wall with her wand at his neck. At the second glance she could see that it was her father who looked at her with wide eyes and a bit of fear. Sarah was horrified by her actions and stepped a step away. She murmbled a "sorry" and wanted to walk away but unfortunately, her movement has been seen by McGonagall. "Miss Porter, in my office now!", she commanded with a strict voice. "Mr Potter, tell Professor Lukos that Miss Porter won't attend the class." "But...", he tried to protest. "It's okay", Sarah interrupted him and faked a smile to assure him that she will be fine. He frowned at her response but didn't choose to argue anymore and went away with the other dazed Mauraders who still couldn't comprehend what just happened.
McGonagall went away and Sarah followed her on her way to her room. She felt bad since McGonagall was one of her favourite teacher and she didn't want to be on her bad side. Moreover, she was angry with herself that she would attack her own father! "Sit", the professor said briskly. It was more a command than a request.
Sarah obeyed and McGonagall started to lecture her: "Well, never in my teaching years I have seen someone attacks someone from the same house! Moreover, students from my own house! I know that Potter and his friends can sometimes be foolish but it isn't an excuse to attack someone. And the spell you used in the Transfiguration is also intolerable. We are not on a battlefield!" With that Sarah couldn't help but flinch. She was almost instantly reminded of her torture and fights against the Death Eaters. "Miss Porter? Miss Porter!" Sarah recognised her professor's voice and quickly came back to the reality. Her professor's eyes have softened as she saw the deep pain in Sarah's eyes as she mentioned the battlefield. McGonagall remembered the day when Miss Porter stumbled upon a secret meeting of the Phoenix and declared herself from the future. And she couldn't forgot what Albus told her about her student's wounds. "Miss Porter, I know you must have had a hard life living in constant fear of being attacked. However, we are now in Hogwarts. It's safe in here. I would recommend you to go to Mrs Pomfrey, maybe she can help you further." McGonagall's voice has softened. Sarah- not wanting to anger her professor further- just nodded. "If you need someone to listen to your... experiences, I will be here", the professor added. "Thanks", Sarah gulped feeling a lump in her throat and tried not to cry. "Well, it's time for lunch", the professor said and Sarah went down to the Great Hall. She spotted James sitting with the Mauraders and went to him: "Hey", she greeted him. "Hey", James answered cautiously. "I'm sorry for the actions earlier. I.." Sarah was interrupted by James. "No it's ok. I'm also sorry that I behaved like an idiot at Potion." "So we're cool now?", Sarah asked. James nodded and offered her to sit next to him. "You should teach me that move someday", Sirius suddenly spoke up. Sarah smiled relieved and the chatter began.
After lunch, Remus asked her: "Do you want to go to the library?" "I'd love to, Remus, but I have to go to Dumbledore first", Sarah declined but added quickly as she saw his disappointed face: "I'll come to library later if you are still there." Remus nodded and they parted.