-拾肆-

fourteen;

fourteen;

[chaeyoung]

i give my keys to hoseok as he drove my car to the garage.

i greeted my security guards who were standing in front of the double marble doors,

namjoon and seokjin. "you've come home very late miss park." namjoon playfully scolded.

i let out a chuckle, "oh shut up runch randa." i gave him a sly smirk and pushed past his shoulders, happy with my comeback.

"ugh ew don't say that name in front of me ever again please." he groaned while rubbing his head.

"oh you know you love it~" i teased as i entered the mansion. i heard seokjin laugh along too.

runch randa was his old stage name back when he was an underground rapper.

that was until he decided he has had enough of the rap life and chose to be a security guard. weird choice i know.

i walked up the stairs that spiralled on for miles and miles, literally.

i glanced at the empty lounge, empty kitchen and empty house hold in general.

the atmosphere screamed lonely but i was used to it.

i know i have many maids and security guards and such but they're only here to work and get paid. it's just not the same as having an actual family.

i nodded at the maid in front of my room and entered it seeing it spotless from the ceiling to the floor.

"thank you nayeon." i patted her shoulders and ran to my bed.

i jumped and plopped myself comfortably on the king sized mattress.

i sunk down deeply as it was a memory foam type. i stared at the ceiling feeling exhausted from the previous adventures.

i pushed myself up and scanned my room, something was off.

i looked at my huge glass door and saw it was opened. hesitating a bit, i got off and walked towards it.

i pushed the door wider and walked out to the balcony.

i glanced down and saw an envelope gently placed in the flower pot.

i picked it up but felt a light sting on my finger.

it was bleeding. i quickly inspected my finger then the envelope. there was a thorny rose attached to the elegant envelope.

i placed my finger in my mouth and threw the rose away hastily.

i ripped open the envelope and inside was a fine material of paper with something encrypted on it.

in fancy calligraphy it read,

dearest park chaeyoung,

it's your parents one year death anniversary in a month isn't it.
funny how the police claimed it as a suicide when it wasn't because i would know.
i was the one who took away their lives.
and you happened not to be home at the time.
lucky.
this is a four week early warning.
so from now on until your parent's anniversary watch your back at all times and reconsider who you trust in that huge house hold of yours.
death is nearer than you think.
-unknown

at the end of the letter was a line smeared with blood. my body became frozen and i threw the letter down stomping on it. chills rand through my spine and goosebumps began to form.

i couldn't control my heavy breathing and let out a loud scream of frustration and confusion.

in an instant i heard the footsteps from the stairs approaching and soon namjoon and seokjin busted through my doors.

seokjin immediately came to the balcony and shook my shoulders.

"ms park are you okay!? what happened? what was that loud scream about!?" he asked in full concern with his brows furrowed.

i was about to tell him until i remembered what the letter had read, 'reconsider who you trust in that huge household of yours'.

i stopped myself from speaking and shook my head. namjoon soon came behind seokjin and looked concerned as well.

"n- no it's nothing. just n- nothing." i stuttered, i mentally slapped myself as i was not convincing at all.

"are you sure miss?" namjoon asked again.

i nodded my head. i noticed his gaze drop from mine to the thorny rose and letter on the floor.

he was about to crouch down and pick it up until i slapped his hand away.

his brows furrowed and he awkwardly put his hand back. i let out an awkward laugh and pushed the letter behind me.

"it's nothing, just go guard the front. i'm fine, thank you. just you know that time of the month again for a girl." they nodded as if they understood so i gestured them out the door and luckily to my oblige they obeyed.

i followed them out and watched their backs leave the hallway.

i went back in and let out a sigh while i scrunched the letter in my hand.

i shoved it in my science text book and closed my eyes.

whoever you are, i sweat to god i will find you and kill you with my own bare hands.