-貳拾叁-

chapter twenty three;

[chaeyoung]

"namjoon." but why? why him. why did it have to be one of my favorite people ever.

my heart felt so broken to the point where i could feel the shattered pieces literally stabbing me. it was painful and scary. scary knowing i've been so friendly with someone who murdered my parents in cold-blood.

i was close to him, so close to the point we were basically siblings. i felt so protected because of him, i just didn't understand why and what his motives were.

what was even worse was the proof jin supposedly had. he said after the death of my parents he analysed the scene himself and did his own investigating. he scanned the dna sample and found a match with namjoon's blood mixed with my parent's.

he also noticed how jittery namjoon got whenever he mentioned mr and mrs park. there was indeed also more evidence.

i previously had sent jin off to take care of namjoon and here i was in a gazebo nearby the beach.

crying was the only thing i've been doing these past hours. i had felt not a single ounce of happiness within me anymore.

i got up from the gazebo and walked closer towards the ocean. as i got closer and closer to the waves i saw a small figure on the sand. i approached him or her faster, something pulled me towards them.

the face became more familiar as i got closer.

i- it was lisa? she was asleep. on the beach?

i noticed her tear stained cheek but she looked so peaceful and calm. opposite to her usual self.

cute.

i sat down and observed her features some more.

i stared for a while and realized it looked rather creepy. so instead i shook her awake.

she groaned and stirred a bit before opening her eyes. she fluttered her eyes open and immediately they widened as she noticed me.

"o- oh chaeyoung..." she muttered. i saw the look of guilt immediately wash all over her face. i knew she was regretful and disappointed, but i wasn't even mad at her, instead more so at myself. i knew what she said what was nothing but the plain truth.

"chaeyoung?"

"hm?"

"i'm s- sorry." she mumbled. i sent her a soft smile and engulfed her in a tight hug.

"aw lisa! it's okay! i wasn't even mad at you... what you said... it was true. that's why i bursted and said all that shit, because i agreed. i was acting so disgustingly bitchy and rude towards jisoo, i know..."

"no what the hell!? what i said was not true, it was my stupid angry self speaking! believe me i didn't mean a word. i was just- just angry at myself and needed someone to put my anger out on. sorry about that."

"oh yeah i understand, i was also furious at that gross pervert as wel-"

"no."

i was taken aback at her stern 'no'. i observed her features. she looked sad and confused. her bangs didn't help to hide the sadness evident in her eyes.

her brows were furrowed and she was biting her lip.

"what's wrong lisa?" i asked with genuine concern.

"it's nothing- it- it's stupid."

i shook my head and grabbed her hands.

"please tell me, it will make me happy."

lisa perked her head up and stared straight dead into my eyes, expressionless. she took a big breath in.

"i think i like jisoo."

___

[jennie]

i was walking alone in the streets of seoul. everything was rather dead as it was early morning. lisa must be with chaeyoung seeing as she hadn't returned back to the hotel room yet.

jisoo was asleep in the hotel. she must've been exhausted- only understandable. i continued my aimless walking and found myself attracted to a young male's rapping heard in the distance.

after a couple seconds i saw a young male was rapping into a mic on the footpath. i assumed he was busking.

there was snap-back on the floor with small amounts of coins inside it. i slowly walked closer and watched him. no one was encircling him as people were scarce on the streets, just busy workers rushing to attend their early jobs.

i stared in awe as his rap flowed naturally and powerfully. his face showed many emotions as he continued rapping and had his eyes closed. i've always been fond of rapping. i fiddled around my pockets for any coins or dollars and luckily found a couple notes.

being my shy self i awkwardly placed the notes and coins inside the hat. he opened his eyes and sent me a wink. i quickly looked away and felt my cheeks heat up.

he was beautiful. ch- charismatic almost.

i grabbed the ends of my hair and put them over my face to hide my red cheeks. i continued this action until he finished his song.

i began to clap loudly for him and gave a shy smile his way. he put the mic down and gave a small bow.

"thank you for listening, my one person audience."

i gave a slight chuckle, "it's okay. you were amazing!" i complimented.

"why thank you pretty."

my eyes widened and i felt my heart thrashing against my rib-cage.

omg. omg. omg.

"um but may i ask why you're busking so early?"

"oh yes it does seem weird doesn't it?" he laughed, "i'm here early because i normally busk the whole day for some more money. and also i simply enjoy rapping and performing and like to get warmed up, y'know?"

i nodded my head.

"hey want to grab some coffee? i mean might as well." he asked.

"by the way my name is kim hanbin."

__

a/n; this chapter was longer compared to the rest as it was 900+ words, whoops!

also some of y'all may be disappointed with the finale girlxgirl ship, sorry! but please continue to support thrills until the end— which is coming sooner and sooner! maybe 6-14 chapters to go, lmao still not sure yet though ;-;