Chapter XVIII Shame

JAREDS POV

I can't believe the way Shannon acted. Our mom told him that he needed to stop acting like a child and that he shouldn't have acted that way after we left but he didn't care. Katherine had been good to him, yes she made mistakes but he was literally doing all this over the stupidest reason. I splash my face with water and change into my night pants. I hear a knock at my door and then Shannon walks in.

"Hey just wanted to see if you were up" he says sitting down in a chair

"Ya I'm up" I say

"So those girls tonight they were really hot" he says with a smile

I almost instantly grow angry. He pulled a couple napkins out of his pocket with numbers on them and I snatch them out of his hand. I head straight for the bathroom put them in the tub and turn the water on completely. Shannon was banging on the door since I had locked it. When I was satisfied with the fact you could no longer make out the numbers I unlocked the door and pushed passed Shannon. A couple seconds later I heard the water turn off and he almost screamed.

"What the hell is your problem" he says angry

"You're an asshole, you know I honestly don't think you like her the way you said you did because otherwise you wouldn't treat her this way" I say through my teeth

"Oh here we go" he says and rolls his eyes

"You know Shannon I would tread carefully. You are walking on dangerous ground right now. She might really like you and hold on and wait for you to change your mind for a whole but eventually she will get tired and give up then she'll be happy and you'll realize what a dumbass you were for pushing her away. All I'm saying is that if you keep running on glass you'll eventually get cut. Cherish her while you have her before you have to suffer through watching someone else treat her better than you ever did" I say

He just sighs and walks out of my room. I hoped that my point got across to him clear enough. If he didn't change his attitude he would surely lose that girl for good. It made me so mad that he could so easily act like that. He really seemed like he didn't want to hear what I had to say but he didn't leave until I was done so hopefully it's eating at him and he is just not letting it show.

SHANNON'S POV

I knew almost immediately after Jared locked himself in the bathroom what was coming. He was going to tell me I was wrong for treating Katherine the way I did. I knew I shouldn't have treated her like that but it didn't stop me. I wasn't going to go to that show but I honestly did want to see her. Before I was stopped by that group of girls I was going to find her and talk to her. I missed her so bad. I wanted so bad to apologize for the way I treated her but my ego took over and instead I walked with those girls. I seen the look on her face, she was really hurt. I didn't mean to upset her I just like the attention. I tried to find her after that but she was gone. Honestly I shouldn't have let her walk out that door, I shouldn't have told her to leave. I wanted Katherine around more than anything when I said that. I have to make things right. I really do like her and I haven't really proved that in face the only thing I've shown her is that dating me wouldn't be a good option. Jared comes out of the bathroom and I walk in and see the napkins in the tub. I smile to myself but pretend to be mad. I scream at Jared for what he did secretly thanking him. After I've had enough I walk out and into my room. I quickly take a shower then head to Katherine's house. I knock on the door and wait. The door opens and it's Nicole, Katherine's roommate.

"Hey Nicole is Katherine here" I ask trying to see into the house more

"Nope she left about half an hour ago. Went to Starbucks to get some coffee" she says