Chapter 07

Hugo grumbles underneath his breath as he walks towards his desk, he glares at his fellow officers who snickers when he sits on his desk and pulls out the paperwork that was making a pile on his desk.

"What's..."

"Fuck off" he growls as one of the officers dare walk towards him to make fun of him.

The only man that has the right to talk him down was none other than his own future father-in-law, who unfortunately hates him for just one reason that was his daughter.

He stares at the file in front of him and sighs once again as he opens to read its contents before his mind is, diverted and he asks himself, why did he even joined the force.

Just to impress his stubborn as ass future father-in-law. He had thought him joining the force and working under the great Damien Price, would have been great but it was turning to be the worst decision of his life as he was nothing but getting yelled at or pulled away from anything that was going to get him stand out from others.

No, but what does he have to do? Do the stupid paperwork of everyone and read everything on the cases so when Damien asks he can answer it.

"I fucking hate this," he growls as he throws the file on his desk before pushing everything off it and putting his legs on the desk instead.

He pulls out his phone before checking on the time, to see how long he has before he can be off duty.

Sending a text to Katie, he waits for her reply before opening his gallery to go through her pictures.

A grin forms on his face, as he keeps on zooming and looking at her smiling face, before his grin wipes off his face as Damien stands in front of his desk.

"Did I say you can play on your phone?" he asks as he stares from his position towards the pile of work he threw on the ground.

"I was just taking a break," he states sitting straight on his seat.

"Does that mean you have done half of the work I asked you of?" he asks the man and Hugo clears his throat as he guiltily looks at the floor he had thrown the paperwork.

"On it boss" he sighs as he bends down to pick up the files.

"Idiot" Damien mumbles as he walks away from Hugo's desk.

*******

Hugo groans as he finally is done with everything, so he gets up stretching his stiffed muscles. He sighs as he looks around to find the room empty and checking on his time, he groans as he was once again doing over-time.

"You still here?" Damien's voice makes him look away from his desk and he nods.

"If you have not been lazy and started the work when I asked you, you would be in bed by now...

Go home, you got more work tomorrow" Damien orders and Hugo holds back his anger to jump on the man.

Pulling his jacket from the back of his seat, Hugo shuts the lights as he wishes few of the officers good night before walking out of the station.

Riding his bike, he drives towards his house. Kicking his shoes off Hugo walks towards the kitchen and opens the fridge to pull out a cold beer and the leftover pizza, he puts it on oven to re-heat before he pulls out his phone to find nothing on it.

No messages, no miscall.

He frowns as it has been hours that he sent the message to Katie and she always messaged him within an hour if not calling him.