Chapter 06

Seven years later....

Katie smiles as she stares down from the window of her office shaking her head at the madness that was on going in front of her, one she had expected but not anticipated at all.

"You sure you don't want to wrap this all up?" Melissa's amused voice makes Katie turn to face her friend.

"It's okay, we can finish this before I go and handle that" she points her fingers out of the window.

"He is so cute" Melissa smiles before both of them turn back to work.

"I think these designs will be it for the function," Katie states as she puts few of the jewelry designs aside before collecting the ones she will not be using.

"I don't know how you can do this?"

"What?"

"If I were in your place I would never be able to choose from all these beauties," Melissa pouts making Katie laugh.

"That's why I am signing the contract with The Smiths," she informs and Melissa looks at her in shock.

"Oh my God, Katie, no way"

"They will be in the function and we are going to sign those papers and please do not tell about this to anyone, even Hugo does not know this, once I sign those papers I will tell everyone"

"Oh my God, this is such big news" Melissa squeals as she hugs Katie.

"They just called me this morning; I am so excited I cannot believe I will be designing jewelries for one of the top most brands"

"That's so great Katie, I am so happy, finally your dream has come true. Now no one can stop you"

"I am really nervous though"

"Hey now, you are Katie Price, and there is no such thing as nervousness in my friend. You got a man holding a board out there asking for a date, a career shining everyday and a family that loves you, what more do you want?" Melissa giggles as both of them turn to watch the said man still with a board in his hand.

"I just wish Dad and Bro would just cut him some slack" Katie sighs as she touches the window glass.

"Well be happy he is not giving up and he does not even shy out to state his true feelings unlike Rick...

All he has time is for his business, sometimes I wonder if he loves me" she sighs sadly and Katie turns to stare at her friend.

"What am I hearing this? Is Melissa Lucero giving up on her love already? I am sure if Rick did not love you he would have never purposed" Katie tries to assure her friend.

"Ugh, I just want Rick to be as daring as your Hugo"

"My Hugo is one of a kind and he is getting impatient, can you wrap this all up for me? See you in the function, bye" Katie calls as she hurries to get her coat and bag before rushing out of the room to her man.

*******

"Is it a yes?" Hugo shouts from across the road as he watches his girl walk out of the building.

"If only you promise to bring your car," Katie states and Hugo laughs before he puts the board away and rushes to her side.

"You know that is not open for negotiation" he grins as he picks her up and slams his lips with her.

"But it's cold" she pouts holding his cheeks.

"You barely wear anything on those functions of yours," he grumbles making her laugh.

"I did ask you to accompany me," she argues making him groan.

"I cannot, I got some occupational hazard thanks to your father," he grumbles once again as he pulls her towards his bike.

"Well who told you to join the force just to impress my father?" she teases rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Well worst decision of my life, that man simply hates me"

"Good thing his daughter loves you" she winks making him grin.

"You are worth all the pain your father is for me," he states as he once again kisses on her lip.

*******

"I am full"

"You are thin, I am scared you will disappear," he pouts as he brings the spoon close to her mouth.

"I am not thin," she grumbles before she takes the bite from the spoon.

"Babe, I can break you if I hold you a big tightly"

"My dress is getting tight now," she pouts pushing the spoon away making him eat the dessert instead.

"I was planning to tear it up"

"Hugo" she groans rolling her eyes.

"You call that dress, I got shirt longer than that shit you are wearing"

"It's Versace"

"All I can think about is sacking you up and if I am thinking that I know what every man will thinks once seeing you in that bloody function of yours"

"It's for charity"

"So?"

"Ugh, we do this every time I have a party which you refuse to join me"

"Party with me, here"

"This is important"

"How?"

"It's a surprise"

"Well I do not like surprises" he grumbles folding his arms.

"You will love this surprise, trust me and now give me a smile before I go"

"No" he frowns making her sigh as she gets up and around the table before she sits on his lap sideways wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Do you really want me to walk out of our date without a smile from you?" she asks fluttering her lashes.

"Only if you promise to get home before midnight"

"I am not Cinderella"

"But you are my Cinderella and good Cinderella's gets home before midnight"

"I am your heartbeat," she teases using his reference of hers.

"That you are, no staying before midnight else I will come crash it up and we both know it ain't be pretty" he warns making her grin.

"Love you my big boy"

"Love you too, my heartbeat" he promises as he kisses her lips.

s herjWua4