Chapter 15

"Katie, Katie" Hugo calls as he shakes her arm a bit.

Katie gasps as she opens her eyes and look around to find herself in Hugo's room she takes a deep breath before snuggling in Hugo's arms.

"How long has this been on going?" he asks as he wraps his arms tightly around her.

"After that day" she sighs shuddering in his arms.

"Heartbeat, we can take a therapy class," he suggests for helping her from the nightmares.

"I don't know"

"I will be besides you in each of them I promise no need to go do it alone"

"I will think about it"

"Gracie and Tristan is doing it"

"Hugo, I am just so scared to even think about it"

"Hey what did we talked about it? No getting scared okay?" he asks as he touches her chin and pulls her head up to stare at her eyes.

"I love you" she nods her head.

"I love you too my heartbeat. We can go get that tattoo you wanted after my duty today" he smiles as he kisses on her lips softly.

"I will like that" she agrees as she enjoys his kisses.

*******

Hugo keeps staring at the file in front of him; he taps the pencil in his hand on the table trying to find something that he missed while he was investigating Katie's room.

"What's has gotten that look in your face?" Damien's voice makes him look up from the file to face the man.

"You need anything," he asks as he goes to get up but Damien waves his hand asking him to sit down.

"No, but you seem to need something" he states as he turns the file towards him.

"That..."

"Katie's case file I know" he sighs as he stares at the photos of his daughter's room which was not something a father should see.

"Blood" Damien asks as his head snaps towards Hugo who winces.

"Katie and I have never...you know even if you think otherwise"

"So you mean to say that someone..." Damien closes his eyes as his heart clenches as if someone squeezed it.

Both of them keep quiet not knowing what to say before Damien speaks out.

"Did you find the man who did it?" he asks.

"I talked with Tyson and according to him the man left his job; I have not given him any hint about Katie's situation...

He said he will call me as soon as he catches the guy so"

"Anything suspicious you found in the house?"

"Yeah, it seems he knew every corner of the house as if he has been their few times but from what I know none of the guards are allowed inside of the house not until there is any danger"

"You think this was planned?"

"Maybe, you know your family's history more than me and with the work your family is involved in it's not a surprise if someone planned it...

But that is not what I think, why Katie I mean if someone kidnapped her or tried to hurt her I would understand but this, it does not look like anything someone would do for revenge"

"What are the chances if she was willing partner in this?" Damien asks as he stares at Hugo.

"If you are asking that question to test me then I will not answer it because we both know Katie is not the one to just give herself out drunk or not, that blood on those sheets is answer to the question itself"