Chapter 04

Kathleen pulls her coat off her body before facing her daughter, she stares at Kate who sits quietly on the chair with her head down.

"If being with him will make you bow your head down in front of your mother then he is not a guy worth creating distance between us" her mother words makes Katie's head snap up and she stares at her mother wide eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, I was once your age. This is the age where you are bound to make wrong decisions, fall for the wrong guy...

I will not ask you to stop seeing him because this is the age where I know you will do exactly what I told you not to...

But I have faith in my upbringing, I trust my daughter to know that she must have seen something in that man none of us will...

But know this, if you have to stay silent with your head down after someone catches you with that guy as yourself sweetheart, is he worth it? Be glad your father was not the one who caught you tonight"

"He is sweet" Katie holds her mother's hands.

"How long has this been gone?"

"After my birthday"

"And where did you meet him?"

"He...um...he has been stalking me for a while"

"Something your father will love to hear about" Kathleen sighs a she sits beside her daughter.

"He is not..."

"Not a word Katie, not a word on it. He has been stalking you and you find that sweet?" she asks her daughter incredulously as gone was the understanding mother.

"But mom, he never tried to harm me" she defends Hugo.

"Of course he will not, he knows if any one of the men in this family knows he will be good as dead"

"Mom" Katie gasps in horror.

"He looks like a guy who walks in gang, do drugs and...oh my god, no, no Katie no" Kathleen shakes her head as she gets up and pinches her forehead as her daughter remains silent.

"And you are okay with it all, with drugs and"

"He is not bad mom"

"But your father is" she protests before she takes a seat once again.

"Out of all the men you had to date a biker who does drugs?" she asks her daughter and Katie remains silent.

"Will you tell dad?" she asks scared.

"I do not see any reasons why I should lie to him"

"But please mom, meet Hugo once give him a chance you will love him" Kate pleads making Kathleen sigh.

"I am not saying anything to your father but if he finds out about this Katie then I do not know if I can stop him" she sighs and Katie nods her head before hugging her mother.

"He is good mom, Hugo is nice people just misunderstand his appearance"

"I hope that misunderstanding does not lead anyone of us to danger Katie, no go change before your father arrives" Kathleen sighs rubbing Katie's back.

*******

"Did you two argue on about something?" Damien asks as he stares from Katie to his wife.

"What makes you say so?" Kathleen asks him.

"I don't know, you two have been too quiet" he shrugs his shoulder.

"Katie wants to study about jewelry after her graduation" Kathleen smiles as she brings up the topic.