Chapter 18

Nicholson raises his brow at the man standing in front of him before he stares at the file that was, slammed at his desk; he pushes his chair back as he puts one leg upon another staring at the man in silence.

"Hugo has been sniffing around" Tyson points out which changes the raise of the brow to a frown.

"I was suspicious the first time he asked me about a certain bodyguard who has been off duty yet was on duty the night Katie had a function...

He is dead so I sniffed around and it seems something bad happened that night with Katie" he sighs as he points at the file on the desk and Nicholson looses his calm façade.

Nicholson takes a deep breath as he puts the file back on the desk before rolling his shoulder blades a bit before loosening his tie as he moves his neck a bit.

"Gracie, Lily and now Katie, how do I have no clue about the lives my sisters are living Ty?"

"Nick"

"Uh-uh, if I cannot protect my sisters from the people within my house then how will I protect my family from the threats out of the house?"

"We did not..."

Nicholson raises his hand to stop whatever he was trying to say as he slowly gets up from his seat, pulls his blazer on and taking his time buttons it as he makes his way to where Tyson was, standing besides with.

While he faces the door and Tyson's back is to the door.

"I am starving, so when I walk back in here I want that file on my desk to be replaced with something that does not bring more questions...

If the number turns from three to four Ty, start searching another job also, dig the grave if you have to because if I have to dig it we both know how it will end" Nicholson pats on his shoulder as he walks out of the room.

*******

Hugo yawns as he stretches his arms above his head and walks out of the room still tired and sleepy, good thing it was his day off; else, he would have been, busted with Damien for lazing around.

Pulling the sticker out of the fridge door he reads it to find Katie was gone for work, he sticks the small note on his bare chest as he opens the fridge to pull out something to drink.

He stares at the cans of beer before shaking his head and pulling out the bottle of water as it was too early for drinks and after last time the beating he got from his mother he does not ever want to drink and lay around in the house.

Especially on his day off as he knows his mother can show up any given moment and just as the thought crosses his mind there is a knock on his door.

"I will be damned if it's mama" he grumbles as he makes his way towards the door and slowly opens it before sighing in relief as it was not his mother before all of his sleep leaves him as he realizes who was standing at the door.

"Nice shirt, here I brought you a bigger one" Tyson grins as he pulls the sticker from Hugo's chest before throwing the file he has in his hand on his chest as he pushes past him inside of the house.

"What is the meaning of this?" Hugo asks as he looks from Tyson to Nicholson who was still standing at the door.

"Do I have to wait for you to go print special invitation card for me to enter your house?" Nicholson asks as he lazily stares at the man.
"Um, yeah come on in, boss I was just" Hugo stutters as he moves away from the door for Nicholson to enter inside.

"Hey you still hung up on beers?" Tyson shouts from the kitchen before he walks out with the box of cornflakes.

"Uh so why are you guys in here?" Hugo asks not knowing what to do.