Chapter 28

"You cannot always hide in here" Hugo sighs as he runs his hand on Katie's hair.

"I don't want to go out"

"Babe"

"Please Hugo, I really don't want to" Katie sighs as she buries her head on the pillow lying on her stomach.

"Then what do you want to do, tell me? You cannot just sleep in here all day long"

"Just leave me alone okay, I do not want to talk," she snaps at him and the hand on her hair drops.

"Fine, just lay in here drowning in your own misery as it seems it's more important than the people around in your life...

You want me to leave you alone, I will" having had enough he snaps before pulling the jacket from the chair and walking out of the house slamming the door loudly on his way out.

Katie cries even more as she hears the sound of his bike starting before he drives off, she cries as she remembers what Gabby told them.

Now all of the points were clear, as why she did not felt comfortable around Melissa after that night or why her touches made her skin crawl.

The ring on her phone makes her head turn but she does not have enough energy to pick up the call so she ignores it but as her phone keeps on ringing, she has no choice but to pick it up.

Seeing an unknown number makes her frown before she hesitantly picks it up.

"Hello"

"Fucking Adele, do not hello me that bloody song has done a number in my head wanting to sing but my voice is pretty messed up to even try going at her level...

So, hey Katie bear remember me" the caller speaks making Katie check on her phone before she realizes who the caller is.

"Naomi" Katie calls surprised to get a call from her.

"Who the fucking hell will call from my number to you if not me?" she asks and that brings a slight smile of Katie's face.

"It's...it's just a bit of a surprise actually"

"I was betting on the shock part but anyway, I got some good news and some bad news which would you like to hear out first?" she asks making Katie frown.

"Good news"

"You are such a pussy, okay fine the good news is I got Melissa just as Gabby requested me and before you start to gasps, babble, shutter or show any other reaction except gratitude towards me just don't" Naomi clarifies while Katie opens and closes her mouth not knowing what to say.

"But why?"

"Well the obvious, she hurt you and now we hurt her back"

"Oh if that is the good news what is the bad?" Katie softly asks hoping it's not a really bad news.

"Bad news, she is on her fucking period and I had to go buy her pads can you believe it? I have to fucking act as if I am not her kidnapper but her fucking boyfriend and anyway that is not even the horrible part...

My new Gucci shoes heel broke and to add more horror to it she fucking spitted on my dress so I just punched her hard and now she is lying cold of the ground with a broken teeth" she sighs before waiting for Katie.

"Naomi, you did not..."

"Uh-uh, hey even if we are not blood related you are my cousin's cousin and that makes you my cousin and we don't let people hurt family...

So, you want to come down in here or shall I bring her to you, by the way I called your man and he was fucking pissed, probably on his way in here"