Chapter 11

"Mom is excited to have you back home," Hugo states, as he looks her way through his seat.

"I am excited as well" Katie smiles as she touches his arm just as they reach Hugo's parents home.

"Katie-bear" Hugo's father exclaims as he opens the door even before they could get out of the car.

"Hey Papa-bear" she laughs as she is being lifted up in his arms as he twirls her around.

"Hey boy" Hugo's father Harvey nods at his son as Hugo goes to hug his father.

"Hey dad"

"I heard you two had a little tiff," he states as he pats on his son's shoulder hard.

"We are fine" Hugo sighs as all of them walk inside.

"Good, good, not everyone gets to be part of the Price family. I still remember that day as if it was yesterday when because of you I had to take the wrath of Nicholas Price" Harvey shivers a bit.

"Oh don't listen to them, them men are idiots, good man that Nicholas I tell you to not have killed him that day...

You do not call other wife names Harvey, you would not like if someone called me something" Hugo's mother chides as she walks towards the group with a tray filled with juice.

"I was just trying to be tough"

"I tell you the reason why my son got into all of those things is all because of you" she scolds her husband before she smiles at Katie.

"Ma" Hugo groans not wanting to talk about his past.

"Uh-uh, not tonight Hugo, don't Ma me, and here you were giving up on such a lovely girl as our Katie...

I will always be grateful of your family Katie. Your aunt Grace has helped my baby boy so much in his school life as he was nothing but trouble yet he went and got into drugs dealing" she sighs shaking her head.

"He is clean now" Katie speaks defending him.

"All because of you"

"Hey I did tried to pull him out of that stuff"

"No, no you don't get to talk like that to me Harvey, if it was not for you he would not have gotten in anyway, you took him in all of your business" she points out before Harvey pulls his wife towards him.

"Oh do stop complaining woman you love me"
"That is the only reason why I have stopped every time I wanted to leave you and your shady life" the woman sighs before she smiles at Katie.

"So do tell me, how is your mother?" she asks Katie who smiles happily as she talks with the woman who has come to be as her second mother.

*******

Hugo grins happily, as he sips on the juice his mother handed him as he watches his Katie dance with his father, laughing freely.

He still cannot believe she was in here in his house dancing with his father as old times. He admits Katie changed his life, literally. Even if Grace tried to help him out while she was his teacher, he had got into bad stuff and could not be able to walk out.

His father was one of the informants for the Price, earning his living by doing small tasks for them and he had grown around such surroundings, he wanted to be as big as Price so he could make his Ma stop worrying about his father who did dirty job for the Price family.

It was easy for him to earn money without much risk, as he had gotten involved with the bad men, it gave it easy money and all he had to do was take the parcel to places they wanted him to.