Chapter 08

Few weeks later...

Damon taps his fingers on the armrest with a deep frown as he stares ahead, he grumbles as he watches his wife moving from one place to another fussing about things she should not.

"I am hungry," he shouts and Tulip stops for a while to glare at him before she continues on her task.

Washing her hands, she walks out of the kitchen and makes her way towards him.

"I just asked you if you are hungry and you said no"

"I am not hungry for food" he narrows his eyes at her.

"Then what?" she asks not knowing what his problem was.

"I am hungry for you" he grins as he tries to pull her on to his lap but she jumps away.

"Behave," she laughs as she once again walks towards the kitchen before she rushes to his side as he curses.

"Damon" she chides as she helps his sit back on the sofa.

"Fuck I hate this," he curses as he closes his eyes in pain.

"And who told you to move on your own?" she asks as she slowly puts his plastered leg on the coffee table.

"I just want to hold my wife is that so much to ask?"

"You are such a cry baby" she sighs as she caresses his cheeks before kissing on his forehead.

"Stay with me for a while" he pleads as he wraps his arms around her waist.

"Baby, I need to cook and we still have to clean your wounds and..."

"And you can call for help while you sit beside me" he stops her talking.

"But it's not as same as me taking care of you" Tulip sighs as she sits on his lap.

"I just want you to sit and rest, I have so many things I want to talk," he states as he holds her face in his hands.

"I know, but we will do all those talking when you are better, now be good and please let me finish cooking," she requests and he keeps quiet staring at her silently.

"Okay fine"

"Love you" she smiles making her groan.

"And now I am hard" he grumbles as she walks away from him.

*******

"Good morning" Katie smiles as she walks out of her room to find her brother and sister-in-law having their breakfast.

"Hey you up, come join us" Damon grins as he pats the seat besides him.

"No, no sit I will get it" Katie smiles as Tulip gets up to serve her.

"Are you not going to eat anything else?" Damon asks as his sister just takes the cup of coffee.

"I don't feel like eating"

"You said the same last night" he frowns as he puts the spoon down and stares at his sister.

"Damon" Tulip holds his hand before staring at him meaningfully.

"Fine, just try to at least eat when I am around. It's like I have yet to see you eat properly Katie bear"

"I am just not hungry"

"I can see," he grumbles as he goes back to eating his own food.

"Here let me" Katie smiles as she takes the plates away from Tulip's hand as he walks towards the sink to wash the plates.