Chapter 12

"What the fuck have you done?" Damon shouts as soon as he watches Hugo walking inside of the house with Katie wrapped in his arms and crying.

"Damon, please" Tulip pleads as she locks the door and rushes towards his side.

"Why is she crying?" he demands as he tries to walk towards them but Tulip holds him back.

"Her room is on the left," Tulip informs as she points towards the hallway and Hugo nods walking away from them.

"Tutu, back off" Damon growls as he tries to follow the couple.

"And you calm down first" Tulip requests as she does not budge off.

"She is crying"

"And he will soothe her"

"She is my sister"

"Are we all not?" she asks him.

"But..."

"Give them the same space and chance you wanted with me, something must have spooked her, let them talk"

"Do you know something I don't?" he asks with his eyes narrowed.

"You should calm down"

"Do you or do you not?" he demands as he holds both of her arms.

"No, but I think something bad had happened with her that has made her run to you, so please, give her some time"

"If I find out the man who walked in with her did something, I swear"

"I know" she stops him from saying anything else before helping him to seat down.

*******

"Hey, stop crying look we are in your room," Hugo whispers as he puts her down on the bed but she does not let him go.

"Stay with me, tonight" she begs making him sigh.

"Okay, but you need to stop crying first"

"I will" she sniffs as she nods her head.

"Good, do you want to change first?" he asks but she shakes her head no.

Hugo pulls both of their shoes off before getting in the bed with her. Pulling the cover, he let her put her head on his chest as both of them just lie down.

"What happened back then?" he asks running his hand on her hair.

"I...I don't know"

"You scared me"

"I just did not like her touching me at once"

"Mom and dad had been touching you at my home"

"I did not felt unsafe at their touch"

"But you did with Melissa's touch?" he questions and Katie slowly nods her head.

"Heartbeat, do you remember anything from that night"

"I don't want to"

"I want you to"

"I don't want to"

"Maybe we can..."

"Which part of I don't want to don't you get?" she shouts at once getting away from him.

"Okay, okay calm down" Hugo gets up sitting on the bed as he tries to calm her.

"I think you should go"

"Heartbeat" he warns her before she jumps on his arms and starts to cry once again.

"Oh baby girl, what's wrong honey, you know you can talk about it. I am not mad; I can never get mad at you...