Chapter 10

Katie sits quietly without moving an inch as she hears the lock of the door but she dares not turn to face Hugo.

While Hugo just stands at the door not knowing what to do next, involving his mother in this mess was the last thing her had imagined and it seems, he will have to face Katie even before he could bring himself to grasp at the fact that they were over.

When Hugo does not say anything Katie takes a deep breath as she gets up from her seat and picks her purse.

"I will go" she speaks softly before she makes her way towards the door.

"I told I will drop you" he sighs as he turns to face her.

"You have already dropped me, how much dropping do I have to feel"

"Was that the only time you?"

"Please Hugo don't make me more embarrassed than I already am" she pleads him.

"How do you think I am feeling huh?" he snaps at her.

"I am sorry, I just I don't even know what to tell you more than that"

"This is why I never wanted you to stay out late at these parties because even I have never been in one I know what happens" he grits through his teeth as he balls his hands into fists.

"Please Hugo forgive me, I don't even know how it happened. It was never my intention to hurt you," she cries as she takes few steps towards him.

"He touched what was mine"

"I am sorry, I am so sorry," she begs as she touches the front of his shirt and clutches onto it.

"How will we ever grow through this, how can I put my trust back on you the next time you want to join some party?" he asks as he finally touches her willingly.

"I will never go"

"You say it now, but we both know you love going out, if it be your auctions or jewelry show," he states and Katie shakes her head no.

"I won't do it, I am never designing anything and I promise I will never touch a stone or any jewelry in my life again," she sobs.

"What?" Hugo frowns as he holds her face in his palm and make her look in his eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't even want to see them, any of it"

"Katie, what happened?" he asks worried as if there was anything that his Katie loved except him was her designs, her passion to create new jewelry.

"I just don't want to talk about it" she shakes her head as she wipes her tears way.

"Did he force you?" he asks as his eyes blazes with a sudden rage at the thought.

"I don't know" Katie shakes her head not knowing any of it.

"That fucking retard" Hugo growls as he pulls her into his arms and let her cry.

"I will end his life," he vows as he holds her tightly in his arms.

*******

"Do you remember anything at all?" Hugo asks after a while with her still clinging in his arms.

"Talking with few of my clients"

"Did you drink anything that night?"

"I...it was not alcohol"

"Okay, any juice or anything someone else gave you?" he asks as he holds her chin and pulls her head up to stare at her face.

"No, I just ordered it myself"