Chapter 23

Hugo holds onto Katie's hand and kisses on it as both of them were snuggled on the couch watching some movie.

"I got scared when you tried to walk away with you parents without me" she speaks breaking his concentration from the movie.

"Hmm, well you family started to spook me for a while"

"They just love to have some fun, at times they act like kids" she smiles as she kisses on his chest before putting her head on his chest.

"But guess I am finally cleared off"

"Yeah, I cannot believe we are getting married soon" she grins, holding onto him tightly.

"Uh yeah but I have not proposed to you yet" he points out and that brings a frown in her forehead.

"Oh god" she gasps when she finally realizes it and sits up.

"I am not doing it now if that is what you are thinking," he states as he rubs the back of his head.

"I am so sorry, now I must look like some desperate girlfriend" she whines as she covers her face.

"No, no that is not what I meant I mean I want to marry you but well, I want to propose you on my own way"

"It's okay Hugo take your time, I really don't want you to feel pressured" she smiles before she hugs him.

"I know" he grins as he pulls her hair away from her face before kissing on her lips.

"I love you"

"I love you more, my heartbeat" he grins as he continues on kissing her.

*******

Katie smiles as she waves at the staffs her mother hired as she enters the shop and makes her way towards the office she has been sharing with her mother for work.

On the way to the room, one of the girls hands her a flower greeting her to have a good day and she thanks the girl before she keeps on walking.

"Hey Mom"

"Hey sweetie" Kathleen greets as she hands her the coffee.

"Aww thank you" Katie smiles as she stares at the coffee with had a heart shaped in it.

"Come here, I want to show you something" Kathleen calls as she waves at her daughter.

"Oh wow mom," Katie gasps as she touches the collection in front of her.

"You like it?"

"Why have not I seen it even before?" she asks as she touches the jewelries.

"It's one of my favorites and not for sale" Kathleen smiles as she stares at her daughter.

"What are you planning on doing with it mom?" she asks as she touches each of it with care.

"To give one of them to each of my daughters"

"But mom they are so many"

"Well my sons will be bringing a daughter home one day"

"You are the best," Katie smiles at her mother.

"I chose this one for Tutu," she states as she picks out a ring with the Tulip flower design on it.

"I guess this one is for Lily" she smiles as she pulls out a golden ring with the flower Rose.

"Yes, it is"

"You really are thoughtful mom"

"Thank you, so have you thought about the offer to run this shop?" Kathleen asks her daughter who stares at the rings before smiling at her mother.