Chapter 19

Melissa smiles as she waves her hand when she notices Katie looking around the café in search of her.

"Hey, did you have to wait much?" Katie asks as she pulls her coat out and puts it on the seat next to her.

"No, just arrived few minutes ago"

"Well first congratulation for the success" Katie smiles at her friend.

"Thank you, I am sorry I could not talk with you at the party that day. I am so glad you showed up though, so why did you want to meet me in a hurry?" Melissa asks her before sipping on her coffee.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you something about the last charity show I participated"

"What about it?"

"Did you notice anything strange in that party?"

"Strange, well not that I can think of" she asks as she tries to think if something did happen.

"Umm, was I drunk or if someone helped me to the car?"

"Drunk no, but you did seem a little tipsy but before I could ask or go see you, you were already being walked out of the party"

"Walked out?"

"Yeah, your Aunt Sophia was hurrying you out I did ask her if you were okay but the woman just waved me off and get inside of the car with you...

That is why I have been trying to reach you since then, later I knew that you left the party without even discussing anything with The Smiths and I had to cover up for you...

However, you shut me off anyway did something happen?" she asks shrugging her shoulder.

"No, it's just that I cannot remember anything about that night and anyway I heard you were shifting your workplace" she asks changing the question.

*******

"I did not want to but Ricardo wants me to shift my work from here, I don't know what happened all of a sudden but he seems to be at edge...

And we had planned the wedding at this city but now it won't happen, I wish he could just talk to me about his problems but" she sighs before shaking her head about any thoughts regarding her fiancé.

"You two always had that kind of relation," Katie points out.

"Yeah, at first I thought it was good having our own space but now, now that we are actually getting married I want him to stop being out of my reach"

"Don't tell me you are having doubts"

"I don't have a doting boyfriend as you Katie, even after being with him for so long I still cannot figure him out and at times I don't know if he wants this between us"

"Hey I think you should clear this with him, if you are feeling insecure I mean marriage is no joke and it's better if you fall apart now than after you are married"

"I know he cares about me, he does not say much but he does. But he is not as passionate and excited as I want him to be"

"Men do get scared with the thought of marriage"

"I hope that is the case because, I am sacrificing much more than I bargained to be with him and he better appreciate it"

"I am sure he does, he does not seem like a guy who freely show his affections"

"Oh, you are wrong on that, I mean have you seen him with Gabby?" Melissa scoffs a bit.

"Are you jealous of Gabby?" Katie asks with a laugh as her friend sighs.