~Same sides~

~Readers P.O.V~

The needle kept getting closer with no sign of stopping.

You closed your eyes in anticipation of what was gonna happen when suddenly you heard everything power down

You opened your eyes to pitch black until Gaster held up a lantern.

You didn't see G Sans around, making you wonder what he was up to.

~Gaster Sans' P.O.V~

I looked over at the split chord in the power box and hid the scissors in my pocket.

While Gaster was distracted, I used my powers to pull a vital plug from the machine, making it unusable.

"Sans! Go see what's wrong with the power grid."

I smirked to myself, knowing that there was nothing he or I could do about it.

"Sure thing, sir."

~Reader's P.O.V~

Later

You couldn't sleep.. Couldn't stop thinking about how close you were to forgetting everything

All of the good and bad times would've been for nothing.

As you laid there in pitch black, you heard the door handle squeak as it turned and rattled and the door open, making you pull the covers over your head.

"Relax, Y/N.. It's me."

You relaxed when you heard Fell's voice, you sat up as he switched on the light and shut the door behind him.

"Couldn't sleep?"

You nodded, still not being able to get the image of that needle in front of you.

He sat next to you on the bed, making it dip down with the extra weight.

"I just.. I know I've always been a dick to you Y/N and.. Maybe it's because everyone in my altered universe never showed any compassion.. Or care or... Mercy. And that's what I was raised around, that's all I knew. And I didn't know what love felt like until now.. And everyone always told me that it was weak."

You chuckled lightly, running a finger over his cheek lightly.

"Is this supposed to be an apology?"

He laughed quietly, scratching the back of his neck shyly.

"Well.. Yes."

You liked when he was calm, it was peaceful.

You reached over, intertwining your hand with his.

"Apology accepted.."

The door opened again suddenly, but quietly making you and Fell slink back in caution.

He held a protective arm in front of you as the figure stepped into the room.

"G? What are you-"

"Shh... Don't wake him.."

He ushered you both off of the bed quickly.

"I've already woken your friends.. They are waiting at the front door"

You nervously followed him, trailing behind Fell.

"Um.. Waiting for what?"

You whispered, as to not wake Gaster.

"By the way what happened before-"

You gasped mid sentence, stopping in your tracks.

"You're the one that cut off the power so the machine would stop.."

He hesitated for a moment but then nodded solemnly.

"Yeah.. But no matter, you must hurry"

You three ran to the entrance quickly, seeing the others waiting already.

"B-But.. But Gaster will.. You'll.."

He put a comforting hand on your shoulder, silencing you.

"I know.. But if you really can fix the AU's then maybe.. I can have my brother back. A second chance.."

He held his soul in front of him, taking a piece off and handing it to you.

"If you put me in a crystal, Gaster will just chase after you. Go, hurry!"

And for a short moment.. In his eyes sparked something familiar

There was hope.. And something else.

ZAP

You all gasped as Error got stopped by what seemed to be a force field.. That stopped only him.

"I-I.. I c-c$)ant l-,/eav!e.."