~Despair~

~Reader's P.O.V~

You watched the skeleton teleport away in a cloud of stars, before running over to Ink.

He looked completely emotionless.. just.. blank.

His eyes were glassed over, and his knuckles were cracking from how tightly he was gripping the scarf in front of him.

"He.. he's.. he.."

You hugged Ink tight from the side as you saw the tears start to leak from his eye sockets.

"I'm so sorry.. we tried our best.."

He started sobbing into his hands quietly, which was something you've never seen Ink do before..

He was breaking slowly inside, and you felt powerless to stop it.

You could also feel the sadness threatening to burst out of you but you kept it down, for Ink's sake.

Ink stood up suddenly, wrapping the scarf around his neck.

The tension started to seep through the air, and you could feel it thickening with every given second.

"He's dead.. that motherfucker is a dead man when I find him.." (Language Ink, Language. Think about the babies)

"You could get yourself killed, Ink!"

He didn't stop walking, he didn't even react.

"It doesn't matter anymore"

You gripped onto Fells arm, running after Ink with him.

"Where are we going?"

You spoke softly now, as to not upset him further.

"Long ago.. Frisk told me of a mirror that can find anything that you wish.. a magic mirror. It's guarded at the south temple. I'm going to use it to find Gaster."

You opened your mouth to say something, but no words came out.. you wouldn't even know what to say now.

You guys were close to a beach, you could tell by the sound of waves crashing against the shore and the smell of salt water.

"Do you think he's alright..?"

You hung behind to talk to Fell quietly, careful not to let Ink hear.

"Honestly? No.. No I don't. It's like if I lost Papyrus.. or.. or you.."

You stopped to face him, kissing his cheek gently.

"You won't lose me, don't worry.."

He gave a nod, starting to walk again.

"I wouldn't let anything take you from me. So yeah, I won't lose you."

He could be possessive at times, but he was still the one you loved.

"He's lost ones that he cares about.. Frisk.. Error.. what if-"

Fell stopped you firmly, putting his hand on your shoulder to make you stop in your tracks.

"Error isn't dead."

Your eyes widened at his sudden remark, falling into an even quieter whisper.

"What? How do you know?!"

"All my life, I've been surrounded by liars.. grew up around them, foolishly trusted them.. for so long that I discovered how to tell who's telling the truth. A scarf proves nothing."

You thought about it for a moment, trying to take it all in.

"I still feel that he's alive, do you trust me [Y/N]?"

You nod.

"Of course I do.. but why not tell Ink?"

He looked up ahead to make sure Ink wasn't listening, and then looked back at you when he saw that Ink was too buried deep in his own thoughts to notice.

"Because I don't want him like he was before, barely taking care of himself.. and I don't want to give him false hope if Error really is gone.. Let's find him and then tell Ink."

You thought about it for a moment before agreeing.

"Okay then. Lets find Gaster.. And Error."