Beach Adventures

Colby and I live on complete opposite sides of the country. He moved from Kansas to California and I have lived my entire life living in New York. The distance would sometimes get to the both of us, but whenever we were together going to the beach was our escape. It was our simple little way of getting away from everything for a few hours and just be together. 

Going on adventures together was the thing that held Colby and I together. We both thrived on the adrenaline of doing something dangerous and adventurous.  

Even though it was the middle of summer I had come to visit Colby for a few days while I was off from work. 

The California air was thick and humid and the smell of the ocean swept through the area as I walked out of the airport to catch a taxi to Colby's apartment. He lived in a large apartment building with his best friend Sam Golbach in downtown Los Angeles. They had lived together for about two years now and he basically was dating Sam more than he was dating me. 

"Downtown Los Angeles please" I said to the taxi driver as I fanned myself through the hot summer air 

The man drove me around and when he was finally able to direct himself to Colby's apartment I paid him the cash in advance and as soon as he pulled up I ran out of the cab to the entrance of the apartment. 

For a few seconds I forgot which apartment was Colby's and I took the most random of wildest guesses to see which one was his. I excitedly and nervously knocked on the door and waited patiently for someone to answer. As the door swung open I saw Colby answer the door and he was in complete shock to see me. 

"y/n what are you doing here?" he asked as he came outside the doorway and threw his arms passionately around my body 

"Well first I'm here to launch my singing career and then hopefully evolve that into either acting or reality TV" I said laughing into his shoulder as I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head down on his shoulder. "I came to see my boyfriend obviously" I smiled 

Distance was never a problem for Colby and I because we knew that the feelings we had for one another was something so special it was worth the distance, time differences, and phone calls. 

"I'm so glad your here" Colby said as we went into the apartment "You up for an adventure?"

"Is that even a question?" I exclaimed 

Colby grabbed my wrist and we ran out the door immediately. We headed downstairs and got in his car. Without me knowing where we were going, Colby just kept driving and driving. The best part of our adventures were the fact that we never knew what we were going to do before we did it. 

"I've missed this place" I said looking out the window towards the mountains that seemed to stretch on forever. "Everything here is so artistic and beautiful....way better than New York" I said to him as he began to pull over 

"we're here" Colby said as he rushed out of the car and ran around to open the passengers door for me "Never compare this place to New York that place is special in it's own way" he whispered as I got out of the car making me smile 

"Where's here?" I asked 

"This is a back entrance to the beach, Sam and I found this place one night trying to make a video and instead it led us to the beach"

The area looked like a reef because there were no waves and the water was so shallow that it laid on top of the wet sand like a blanket. We walked along and our feet were able to sink down into  the sand with every step that we took. 

Colby absolutely loves the beach however, he is never able to dress appropriately. 

Today, he was wearing a black tank top with black skinny jeans and black van sneakers. He also had these bright yellow sunglasses.