Photography (cont.)

.....

You picked up the camera and held it up facing it towards Colby. "Smile" you said as you pushed on the shutter button.

"Wow, that's a classic shot" Colby said rubbing his eyes from the flash that went off. "So do you like your present?"

"It's incredible thank you, but I just don't understand why your giving it to me"

"From the moment I knocked into you I couldn't get you out of my head. I know that a present isn't exactly anything special or romantic but it's just the only thing I know about you for a moment"

For a split second you didn't say anything to Colby. You just smiled at  what he said because it seemed like he really liked you.

"Colby would you wanna hang out with me sometime?" you asked nervously

"What are we waiting for?" Colby said as he down for your wrist and playfully pulled you outside

When you both got outside you just started to walk. You weren't too focused on Colby because you were looking down at the new camera that you had. Colby was walking a bit more in front of you. Once you finally looked up from the camera you noticed that the sun was setting. You quickly picked up the camera and took a picture of the sunset. As you released the shutter to take another picture Colby turned around and he got himself right in the center of the next picture.

"So what are we doing?" you asked

"Anything you want. I mean this is either a date or not a date so it's up to you"

"I have an idea" you said smiling at Colby as he shrugged his shoulders. "Follow me!" you exclaimed

You dragged Colby a couple more blocks from your apartment until you just stopped. "This is the abandoned mall" he said

"Yeah you're going to be my subject for it"

"What kind of subject? and what does it mean?" he said sounding confused

"Look I've wanted to explore this place for weeks but my best friend is scared to come with me" you said leading Colby to the side of the building. "I did my research and this is the easiest way into the building with being seen by drivers"

Colby then cut you off for a second "are you sure you don't watch my youtube videos?" he asked

"Yes, why?"

"Because my best friend, Sam, and I explored this place in one of our videos. Your smart though we never thought of this as an entrance"

"So you'll come with me?" you asked putting your hands together pleading like a lost puppy

"Sure, i'm in" Colby said as he put his hands out to lift you up into the building

After you helped Colby get inside you started walking through the condemned building. There was nothing but graffiti on the walls and plaster falling to the ground from the ceiling and the walls.

"So why do you wanna come here?" Colby asked as we headed to the roof

"This building for some reason attracts all kinds of street artists with some of the most incredible talent i've ever seen. I want to show their art to
people using my pictures"

"They are pretty amazing" Colby said

"All these people do the same thing that I do. They tell a story using their art. Except mine is with a camera and theirs is with paint"

"So we're just going to take pictures of the graffiti?"

"Of course not" you said laughing turning on your new camera. "I'm going to be taking pictures of you with the graffiti. Your the subject for a reason Colby"

"I don't know y/n. I don't really like pictures all that much"

"So a twenty year old guy with a youtube channel making two to three videos a week for his fans is too scared of a camera" you said continuing to set up your camera without even thinking. "You are aware that a video is just a moving picture right?" you asked him smiling

"Alright, alright, your lucky I like you or I wouldn't give in this easily" Colby said making you blush behind the camera

As you were giving Colby his very own little photoshoot it took a while for him to relax. Eventually he got to a point where being the best looking in a picture doesn't matter. He was starting to enjoy what it's like to be silly and creative in a way that didn't involve talking to a camera.

"Isn't this a little bit fun?" you asked as you to different areas of the building

You took pictures of a lot of art that had a tag on it. This was because you wanted whoever the artist is to know that even though what he's doing is illegal his art was being seen and enjoyed. So it made talking to Colby easier due to the fact that you had to search for the graffiti that had someone's tag painting on as well.

"Your right, it's not bad at all" Colby said "So do you like exploring places like this"

"Yeah, before I moved here I lived in New York and there was this building called Kings Park Psychiatrist Center and it was the first place I spent overnight in somewhere that was abandoned"

"Wow, that's so cool. I wanna stay overnight in a place like this but no one will and as we are so close to staying the night someone always wants to leave"

"Well if you ever wanna go exploring....i'd love to go with you Colby"

"Really?" he asked

"Yeah, I wanna spend more time with you"

"Once again my gut instincts have proved to be right. I knew that bumping into you wasn't a coincidence"

"Colby you didn't bump into me. You fully body checked me to the ground" you said as you began laughing

Colby came over to you and took your camera from your hands. He was looking around the building through the lens. He took one or two pictures of the room and then he suddenly pointed the camera at you. You quickly put your hands up in front of your face to block the picture from being taken.

"For the record it was not a body check by the way"

"I fell to the ground" you said laughing as Colby took a picture of you in front of some graffiti

"The photographer just got her picture taken of her actually enjoying herself for a change" Colby said handing you your camera back

You still don't know much about who Colby was and what he does with his videos to make a living, but you hoped Colby would be around long enough for you to find out. You continued with taking pictures and taking and laughing with Colby for the rest of the night.