My Everything~part 1

*I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while....I've been super busy but hopefully I'm back loll make sure everyone goes and votes on my other stories and share them around. Love you guys so much xx*

You are sitting in your apartment with your best friend and the tears are falling down your cheeks so rapidly that you are having trouble taking a single breath. She comes back into the main living room with a glass of water hoping that you've been able to calm down. 

"Y/N you have to stop crying" she said to you 

"I can't stop crying. He's gone forever and it's all my fault" you say still crying 

"You've cried so many tears these past few days that you'd be able to see your own reflection in them" 

"Honestly I can't deny myself the truth anymore. I miss him. I miss Colby with all my heart" 

"Y/N that is not the truth" she said to you trying to lift you up again. "You and Colby broke up mutually and the truth is that your single again" 

After listening to what your best friend had to say you weren't ready to say good-bye to Colby. He was everything to you. Except you didn't realize that only until he was gone. He was out of your life and you couldn't live with the guilt of not telling Colby that you were sorry. Sorry for everything that had happened between the two of you.  You just sat there on the couch staring out the window as the rain that had been falling for the past couple of days. 

"Colby use to say that every rain storm that happened meant that somewhere in the world two people were falling deeply in love" 

"Why would he said that" she asked confused as to why 

"Because when you look at the rain the world becomes temporarily blurred but once you look past it you just melt into the rain that's falling and your able to fall in love" 

"That's really beautiful" your friend said having a look on her face where she knew she wasn't helping you at all 

To try and change the topic of conversation she turned on the TV and sat down with you on the couch. She let you rest your head on her shoulder as you kept sniffling and rubbing your eyes because you could feel that they were puffy from crying over and over again. 

The entire apartment was silent other than what was playing on the TV. You were in no mood to watch anything and you reached for the remote to turn the TV off. It had been almost forty minutes without you shedding a tear.  Your best friend let out a large sigh of relief when she was ready to fall asleep. Suddenly you just burst off of the couch in complete anger and regret, yet your voice was still calm and mellow.  

"Pain is a consequence of love" you said standing up off of the couch 

"What?" your friend asked 

"It was something Colby use to always tell me when we would get in fights. He would say that after all the pain the only thing left we would have left was our love" 

All of a sudden you just had to leave.  You had no destination in mind but you grabbed your car keys and went out in the door leaving your friend still pondering the idea as to where you could be going all by yourself in the pouring rain. 

You just sat in your car driving and driving aimlessly through the streets hearing the tires splash water from the nearly flooded streets go haywire underneath the car. 

After about twenty minutes of driving through the same town over and over again you were able to pull yourself together just enough to walk into a local Starbucks. 

"What can I get for you today?" the woman behind the counter asked 

"Can I just have a venti caramel macchiato please?" you said to her sniffling through your words 

You went and sat down in a chair near the window of the Starbucks and you watched the rain pour down like a hard shower across the entire area as you waited for the woman to call your name. You were falling deeper and deeper into a daze just staring out the window when all of a sudden you felt a tap on your shoulder. 

You jumped out of your skin and turned around to see a stranger standing above you "thought I was the only one who enjoyed sitting next to the window in this place" 

Being extremely confused you said to him "I'm sorry, I-I .... did you want your seat back?" 

"There's no assigned seating in a Starbucks" he chuckled as he grabbed another chair. "See the easy compromise now we both get to be near the window and I get to be next to a pretty girl" 

You had absolutely no words at this point. 

"Venti Caramel Macchiato" the woman at the counter shouted 

You got up and went over to the counter to get your drink. When you came and sat back down the guy that came was still sitting there now looking out the window just as you were before. 

"Are you interested in Meteorology?" he asked 

"Huh? What?" you said not understanding the basis of his question 

"Well you know you've been staring out the window for the longest time I just assumed you liked the weather" 

"Oh" you said taking a sip of your drink and looking outside at the sky and then back at the guy sitting in front of you. "No actually I'm not, the weather right now just made me think of something" 

"Something? Or someone?" 

"Why did you come sit over here?" you asked him totally dodging his question 

At first he didn't answer the question and he just took another sip of his coffee. You gestured a looked at him wanting to know the answer but he just continued to drink his coffee and stare out the window. And you didn't understand why. 

When you finally had enough of the silent treatment tat you were getting you just got up out of your seat and began to walk away. In the distance from behind you you heard him say "go back to him" 

"What did you just say?" 

"Go back to him" he repeated 

"Why is that what you decided to finally say to me?" 

"The puffy eyes, the sitting in the corner, the staring out at the rain, the whole 'thinking about something' excuse" he said laying out all the good reasons as to why. "you were here trying to get over a guy that you can't get over and you go fight for him" 

"You know for a stranger your strangely helpful" you said to him beginning to walk away again 

"I'm not a stranger at all actually, maybe one day you'll find out why" he said as he got up and walked past you  leaving you standing there speechless

You stood in the same spot for a wile just thinking.  You couldn't sit back down because then you knew you would be too scared to get up and leave.  Just thinking.  That was just about all you believed you could do in that moment.