Halloween

Halloween was beginning to approach fast and Colby has come to New York to spend a week with you and your friends. No one else knew about your long distance relationship with Colby except for your two best friends. Having Colby in town was always a strange transition because a lot of teenage girls in your town were fans of Colby and his best friend Sam Golbach's YouTube videos.

You were never really a big fan of Halloween to begin with the whole idea of scary movies, haunted houses, and ghost stories were not really your thing. However, dressing up in costume was something you loved. Growing up as a dancer and an actress dressing up in costumes and playing the part of something your not just came to be as natural as brushing your teeth in the morning.

You were decorating the interior of your house with Halloween decorations with your two best friends and they were asking you a lot of questions about Colby.

"When is getting into town?" she asked

"His flight is supposed to land at around 6 o'clock tonight"

"Are you guys gonna have matching costumes to wear to that Halloween party tonight?" she asked

"Halloween is tomorrow night every store is completely empty" I said getting the pumpkins out of boxes and putting them around my living room. "Plus I think it would be better if he did something that covered Colby's face"

"Why?" my best friend asked me

"Because this whole thing of keeping our relationship a secret is annoying but necessary"

"She's right" my friend said to my other friend being on my side 

The three of us were just sitting in my living room hanging up the different white and orange lights that illuminated the room. AS we were finishing up I threw my body onto the couch wanting to take a nap. My two friends came after me and the three of us just laid on the couch. We were all beginning to fall asleep when the doorbell decided to ring. 

"y/n get the door!" my friend said yawning 

"f/n you get the door" I said as I hid underneath a throw pillow 

"One of you two go open the door" my other friend said as she elevated her legs on the couch 

"Fine, the two of you win this time but I hate you both for it" I said getting up and gently rubbing my eyes trying not to mess up my makeup 

I waddled my way over to the front door just as the doorbell rang again. I wondered who was coming to my house randomly. Halloween wasn't until tomorrow so it wasn't little kids, but I still attempted to wake up and open the door. 

As I quickly swung the door open a familiar figure was standing outside. He had black jeans on and a bright blue shirt on with three multicolored pandas were on the shirt. His hair was all pushed to the left side of his face going to right above his eyelid. 

"COLBY!" I exclaimed as I jumped into his arms 

"y/n I missed you so much" 

"I missed you too babe, come in f/n and f/n are here also" I said as Colby came into the living room and saw them sitting there 

Colby waved at them both and I continued to hug him without letting go. Colby wasn't suppose to get into town for another 4 hours. He somehow got here early and it was honestly the greatest present I could have ever received from anyone. Colby was growing to be such a huge part of my life that when he arrived we both just decided to sit on the couch and talk about anything and everything that was on our minds. 

"Halloween is tomorrow!" Colby said excitedly 

"Yeah, the party were going to requires costume so you better find something to wear" 

"What about a pirate?" he asked wondering decently 

"I don't think your the kind of guy to dress as a pirate" 

"I can totally see myself as a pirate and I can do the awesome pirate voice" Colby said lying through his teeth for this 

"I thought your lifelong dream was to be a ninja" I said laughing at his ideas 

"Ninja is my secret identity I can't reveal that at a party" 

I started to laugh because Colby always has a wild imagination. His outlook on life was if your too boring than he isn't the kind of person you'd want to be friends with. He was always up and active thinking of new things that can make a simple memory. 

After a while of going back and forth with terrible ideas as to what Colby could be for Halloween we just decided to look online. We were going through Colby's twitter seeing what his fans were saying and tweeting to him in the recent hours, he began to reply to a bunch of them making a lot of them happy. 

As we were scrolling I noticed a makeup style that I was able to do. It was the mouth of a skeleton with the rest completely normal. 

"I can do this for you" I said showing him the picture 

"That looks so sick!!" he exclaimed screen shotting the picture

"Let's get started on it now... the party is in a few hours, and I don't know how long that will take" 

I went to my bathroom and grabbed every single application of makeup I could find and piled it up in the living room. All the black and white face paint was making Colby's face begin to get nervous. I had never done face paint before but regular cosmetology was my expert degree and I knew I could do this also. 

Starting with the black outlines the wet paint of Colby's face made him shiver with each stroke. He was keeping his eyes closed and I needed to make sure that he didn't speak at all. His nose was completely black. I added extra black eyeliner under his eyes to make the look more dark and mysterious. 

Every second Colby would make a creepy stare into my eyes trying to be Halloween scary and act the part that he was trying to be. 

"Stop staring at me! Your going to make me screw up your makeup" 

"I bet that's how girls talk to each other while getting ready for parties together" Colby laughed moving his head nearly making me lose my grip on the paintbrush almost ruining his makeup 

"Colby I swear if you don't stop moving this entire thing is going to get ruined then I will have to start over, then I will scream into a pillow" I said getting furious in an entertaining way because I wanted the look to be perfect 

After finishing up the last few strokes in peace Colby leaned in to kiss me and I immediately pushed him away. He looked at me with a confused look. 

"You have wet paint on your face, there is no way I'm kissing you until it dries" 

"But I don't know if I can wait that long....I've waited for months just to see you, I feel like I haven't kissed you in a lifetime" 

"Your lifetime can wait a few more minutes" I said beginning to put everything away 

I left the room to go put all of the paintbrushes away back in the closet of my bedroom. Colby was pacing around waiting for the paint to dry. He was very impatient and we eventually had to start getting to the party. 

He started to put his light brown hair towards the front of his face just in the front of his eyes. He kept making the faces at me as we walked out the door to start going to the party. 

"You know what" he said to me as he sat in my car 

"What?" I asked checking the rear view mirror about to pull out of the driveway 

"I can't wait any longer" Colby exclaimed as he gently grabbed my jaw and tilted my head towards him. He quickly pulled away and said "If my makeup is to be ruined I'm glad its on your face" he laughed at me 

"Colby....." I said not being able to insult him because his impulses were a very adorable feature about him 

"I loved you y/n" he said as he leaned in and kiss me again 

I stopped the kiss for a split second and smiled, but still didn't remove my face from Colby's. I opened my eyes and said "I love you too Colby" and we resumed kissing.

And ended up being late to the party.