Anniversary Dance

Your completely sweating and you use your forearm to wipe the sweat off of your forehead.  After dancing all day long and only taking minimal breaks you are completely exhausted. However, you can't help but get back to work in order to perfect each and every routine that you have been working on for weeks. 

"And a 5,  6,  7,  8!!" your dance instructor yells out to the class. "Come on ladies... 1,  2,  3,  and 4!" she screams as she does the dances alongside everyone else looking into the large walled mirror.  She then stops and turns around to watch everyone in the class do the dance. 

Your instructor is one of your closest adult friends and most likely the only person you like in the entire studio.  She's an experiences dancer and always gives you dance tips.  You've known her for a few years now and she is a main reason why you decided to take dance seriously; rather than it being just a hobby.  She kindly gives you free one on one lessons so that you can catch up and stay caught up with the class because it progresses rapidly.  Her dance background is exquisite and you are honored to be able to call her a friend. 

"Y/N you look exhausted go take a break" she said as the rest of the class left for the day 

"No thanks I'm good!" you said taking a quick sip of your water bottle then returning to the dance. "I have to perfect this dance for competition next month" 

"Come on now go try on your contemporary costume for the Freak Show routine so that you can give yourself a break" she instructed 

"Thanks" you said walking into the changing room 

You got dressed in a fairly simple looking costume. It was black fishnet stockings with black spandex on top of them.  Then you had a black and white striped long sleeve crop top on with a bright red  feather boa that went around your body and relaxed on the top of your elbows.  You came back and looked in the mirror and take a few mirror pictures of yourself.  The costume came together very well and you were very proud of the outcome.  

Just as you were about to go into the studio again to show your instructor you felt someone creeping up behind you.  The intruder placed their hands on your eyes and you didn't know how to react.  Your body froze and you heard the words "you know I thought this was going to be more romantic"  in the side of your left ear. 

Knowing that voice immediately you removed the hands from your eyes and you quickly turned around.  You looked up and saw that it was your boyfriend, Colby, standing there with a small bouquet of lavender flowers in his hand.  

"Colby!" you exclaimed as you jumped into his arms and wrapping them around the back of his neck for support. "Your such an asshole" you said playfully punching his shoulder "you nearly gave me a heart attack" 

"Sorry babe, but happy anniversary" he said handing you the flowers

You smiled and wrapped your arms around Colby and said "happy anniversary". Having him with you for your anniversary was the best surprise you could've ever received 

You pulled Colby into the dance studio where your instructor was still standing there waiting for you. 

"Y/N that costume looks great on you" she said 

"Thank you! And this is my boyfriend Colby" you said introducing him to your instructor. "I was wondering if it would be okay to show him the dance I've been working on for him" 

"I don't see why not, as long as you think you've had enough practice" 

"I have and I'm already in my costume so I figured why not show it to him now for our one year anniversary" 

As the instructor took a seat next to Luke in front of the mirror all eyes were on you. You went to the side of the studio and walked in from the side to begin the dance. The beautiful slow tempo music created the mood and  you started the first eight count steps of the routine.  Your turns were flawless and even with Colby sitting right there you had so much confidence in your dancing skills. In that moment you saw Colby flash a smile during one of your turns and you had finished off the greatest dance of your career.  You held out your final turn for the last few high notes of the song and you ended by standing in the ending pose for a few seconds. 

Just as the music turned off Colby stood up and started to clap.  He ran over to you and spun you around embracing you in a warm and gentle hug. He held you tight and close to his body. 

"That was incredible" he said letting go and looking into your eyes. "Why have I never been able to see you dance before?" he asked 

"Because I always get so nervous performing in front of people, but this was a dance dedicated to you....the one I love" 

You instructor slipped out of the room leaving you and Colby alone in the studio.  She left with a smile on her face. 

Colby continued to look deep into your eyes and it was almost as if time had stopped. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on your lips. Neither of you pulled away because neither of you wanted this moment to end. 

The expression of Colby's face as he finally pulled away was just breathtaking.  He was smiling down at you, however, the moment was shortly ruined as the boa you were wearing made Colby sneeze. 

You blurted out laughing in his face as you said "Sorry Colby, people in the twenties had a very feathery sense of fashion". You continued to laugh 

As he started to laugh with you your instructor came back into the room. "Y/N since Colby is here visiting you it's absolutely fine for you to take the rest of the day off to spend some time with him" 

"Thank you" you said to her going back into the changing room and putting back on your practice clothes and getting ready to leave with Colby 

You and Colby walked to your car and before even putting the key into the ignition Colby grabbed your face and kissed you once again. The moment was spontaneous and it made you smile. 

He looked at you and said "I love you Y/N" 

You looked at him deep into his crystal blue eyes and said "I love you too Colby" 

For the rest of your anniversary you and Colby spent the entire day together before he would be going back to Los Angeles. It was special that he was with you for your one year and you were content with the idea you would be having more anniversaries in the future.